Plastidip and padding inside of bucket

Got my Anovos armor in and immediately wanted to fix up the inside with Plastidip and new padding.

JV7F7nX.jpg

Started by removing the lenses and mesh inside and taping the velcro which holds up the lenses (which I might remove later for a better lens mount).

lFVmbf8.jpg

Got some overspray around the bottom but it comes off once it dries super easy by just wiping it off with my thumb. 

j0PEwK1.jpg

I did about 4 or 5 coats, and then let it dry for a few days while i waited for my padding to arrive. I ordered ACH from amazon (http://www.amazon.com/NEW-ORIGINAL-US-ARMY-ISSUE/dp/B004RCLM8Q). Got everything installed and its looking pretty nice, and its super comfy. 

AEKYzUr.jpg

Now all i have to do is order the Echo fan kit and maybe set up  mic and hearing assist system and it will be good to go!

• Like 7

Looks great, John!  If you are still in the process of building your kit, we are having an armor party this Sunday in Clermont at the TK Sweatshop from noon until LATE.  If you need any info, just PM me.

Looks great, John!  If you are still in the process of building your kit, we are having an armor party this Sunday in Clermont at the TK Sweatshop from noon until LATE.  If you need any info, just PM me.

Ah I'd love to! I need some help with the thighs and shins, unfortunately I have to be somewhere else most of the day, hopefully I can swing by later! Thanks for the invite, I live right by Clermont.

Does Plastidip by itself gives the helmet more rigidity? Some people recommend adding cheese cloth with the first coat but the finish looks rough even after a few coats...

not much rigidity, its still fairly flexible. I would imagine the cheesecloth would help with that. I don't mind its being flexible. The nice this about the plastidip was is sealing seams inside reducing any creaking noises of the helmet

• Like 1

not much rigidity, its still fairly flexible. I would imagine the cheesecloth would help with that. I don't mind its being flexible. The nice this about the plastidip was is sealing seams inside reducing any creaking noises of the helmet

And it looks dang cool! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome! A few questions...how does the helmet fit with the padding? What type of plastidip did you use? Just the aerosol kind? I'd like to do both of these mods to my bucket.

The aerosol can gives a REALLY FINE mist of plasti dip.  It takes a few applications to get it all "covered".

Dan

TKNoWay

Looks awesome! A few questions...how does the helmet fit with the padding? What type of plastidip did you use? Just the aerosol kind? I'd like to do both of these mods to my bucket.