lucnak's ANH Stunt Build (ATA)

I decided to create a tab system to keep by ab and kidney lined up. I was going to use straps as well (as you can see by the snap plate in my ab), but turns out that just my belt holds this together quite nicely! Edit: Forgot to shout out Senty71 for the inspiration...I was thinking of a tab system already, but his changed the size I was thinking about!

085EC59F-211A-4BC2-A2E3-9C1FD45255F4.jpg

C3261640-7901-4D19-A116-E1505335DA4D.jpg

DD160FA0-D41E-4340-9A62-D3AE87174474.jpg

C5D81A27-8106-4E4E-B96B-2C8A197224D3.jpg

Edited by lucnak
  • Like 5

My helmet is sitting off to one side. Not sure how exactly to fix that. I played around with some foam to move it but I guess that wasn't enough! Anyway, sent off my application just now!

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

• Like 2

I decided to create a tab system to keep by ab and kidney lined up. I was going to use straps as well (as you can see by the snap plate in my ab), but turns out that just my belt holds this together quite nicely! Edit: Forgot to shout out Senty71 for the inspiration...I was thinking of a tab system already, but his changed the size I was thinking about!

I like that tab system! Very cool.

Use the rubber gloves for Centurion pictures, and pick up some nomex gloves for trooping. Its a pain to have a set of gloves (rubber) that will not get used much, but the nomex is breathable and cool. I still haven't figured out how I am going to attach the latex hand guards to the nomex yet, though.

I used CA glue. Make sure you put some wax paper on the inside of the glove first so the glue doesn't seep through to the other side. 

Good luck with submission!

• Like 1

I'm approved, just awaiting my ID now! And I need to glue my brow trim (currently just sits there with pressure). It's sitting funny in my photos. Will have to take another photo sometime soon.

I'm approved, just awaiting my ID now! And I need to glue my brow trim (currently just sits there with pressure). It's sitting funny in my photos. Will have to take another photo sometime soon.

Almost has a "raised eyebrow" look. :)

• Like 1

TK-28401 ready for duty! Will apply for EIB once I receive my Hyperfirm E-11. Gives me some time to also fix up little things here and there. Will also write up a lessons learned type thing and add to my initial post.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

So I still have a few things to do on my build. I have to add the D-ring to my Hyperfirm E-11, fix a snap panel in my ab, reinforce my sniper knee (cracked during a troop), use some ABS paste to fix some scratches/knife slips, switch my right tab to a double tab and properly attach my fans in my helmet. I was really set on getting Centurion, but now I'm not in a rush. I will probably only submit my apps for EIB and Centurion next winter when I'm trooping less.

I have done 6 troops so far and I'm having a really great time! I will continue to post in this thread as I work here and there, but none of these issues are priorities for now.

The main things I've gotten since my last posts are my Aker amp (from eBay) and my fans. The fans are definitely a must now that the summer heat is on and the mic and amp are just a bit more fun. Worth the 35 bucks for sure. iComm can wait for now.

• Like 3

I went ahead and applied for EIB immediately, since the armor was built to that standard before my first troop. I am waiting, like you, to get to Centurion eventually. For now, the journey is more about trooping and enjoying the results of the hard work that was put into it

• Like 2

Ah, I didn't have a blaster upon completing my build and I still need to add the D-ring to it. Also with the change to the Centurion requirements, I now need to trim my butt plate to line up with my kidney notch.

I went ahead and applied for EIB immediately, since the armor was built to that standard before my first troop. I am waiting, like you, to get to Centurion eventually. For now, the journey is more about trooping and enjoying the results of the hard work that was put into it

Same here...

I built the armor to Centurion standards, its just a matter of taking the pictures and going through the motions.

Ive had a couple troops on my belt already, this weekend i'll try to take the EIB submission pics when i troop on friday.