T K's ANOVOS Stunt Build

Another issue I had was the holster. It was so tight that it was really hard to get the gun in and out of.

IMG_5935_zpse6fpuehs.jpg

So I searched online for how to break in a leather holster and I found this tip.

IMG_5936_zpsomxkulz3.jpg

Wax Paper. You wrap the gun in wax paper, wax facing out, push the gun in and out a couple times and leave it in the holster for a day or two. It will be interesting to see if this works.

IMG_5937_zpsrwrgtztk.jpg

If this doesn't work, what have you guys done?

For the holster, I've read that some people put in a water bottle that was a little bigger than the gun and left it in there for like a week.  Probably could put it out in the sun, too, to warm it up and help it loosen and mold the new shape.

• Like 1

Hmm...I don't know about cutting down thighs that much...someone else will need to chime in. Not sure how changing the angle of the edges might affect the fit.

• Like 1

Hmm...I don't know about cutting down thighs that much...someone else will need to chime in. Not sure how changing the angle of the edges might affect the fit.

I'm going to cut not as much as I have suggest above. I'll just do a little at a time and post pics to get input. :)

Yes, you'll make cuts half way to your marks just like you mentioned. Do the cuts and make sure they fit correctly and you're good to go.

I did that and the thigh fit perfectly! I'll post some pictures tonight.
  • Like 2

Newly trimmed thighs!

IMG_5941_zpsdb1owwfg.jpg

IMG_5942_zpsuidm43lt.jpg

IMG_5943_zpsridkuxux.jpg

The thighs fit a lot better so far. In the picture right above on the thigh on the left there is a huge point, could I heat that up and flatten it? You can also see the ever present butt plate flaring out, that will be my next project after these thighs.

Thoughts?

The trim you did looks excellent. The thighs look much more "sized" to you.

When you pull the butt plate in, I think you are going to have to take the upper return off of the thighs to be able to get them away from the butt plate itself. Even rotating them is only going to make them pinch in the front.

Personally, I had to take off all of the return on my thighs on top (all the way around), as well as an additional inch of material. I did not put a return back on the thighs when I was done.

I would get a few other opinions before cutting, however.

• Like 1

I'd definitely remove the return edge on the thighs in the back. Round down peak at the back of the thighs a little, too, not a lot, start with 1/2" and see how it goes. As it is, it will be difficult to move around in.

Belt is high, is that just strapped around loose, or is it mounted there?

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

You should try heating that up and bending it over. A hobby iron would be ideal. Once you have it in place you can trim some of that return edge. You have a lot to work with, you could reduce the return edge by half and still have the appearance of thick armor. 

• Like 1

IMG_5949_zps74rnmdsf.jpg

IMG_5950_zpsqunwf3fi.jpg

IMG_5952_zpsodfudtcl.jpg

IMG_5953_zpsh1ekvy10.jpg

IMG_5954_zps4ybkhicm.jpg

IMG_5951_zpsrdl1vimq.jpg

Note the butt plate and thighs. Hmm... It could just be the way I am wearing the armor at this time, cause normally it is not like that. I just didn't notice until I had my armor off.

Yeah your kidney plate looks crooked which made your butt plate crooked, I think. You might just need to tighten a strap or two.

• Like 1

I really think you could benefit from trimming the entire top of the thighs a little. 

I believe you are correct. I just never wanted to get rid of that return edge.

While I certainly agree it looks better to have it, there is no requirement to have any return edge at the tops of the thighs. I see lots of armor that doesn't have it, even among Centurion / EIB applicants. It's fine.

That said, it's better with it. ;)

• Like 1

While I certainly agree it looks better to have it, there is no requirement to have any return edge at the tops of the thighs. I see lots of armor that doesn't have it, even among Centurion / EIB applicants. It's fine.That said, it's better with it. ;)

I might just wait to talk with and show it to members in my garrison for them to look at in person.

I might just wait to talk with and show it to members in my garrison for them to look at in person.

Nothing wrong with that. :) (although there is zero question about the no return edges needed there thing. that's long settled) Edited by kman

Okay, the problem seemed to be the way my belt (the belt that holds up the thighs) was put on a bit odd in my last photos.

IMG_5956_zpsmwh1jz6i.jpg

So just adjusting those helped. What do you think? I am 5'9'' so it should fit me pretty well right?