A Fat Guy's Build Attempt - Anovos

Like 1000's of other people, I got my Anovos kit last week!  Things came in good shape.  I definitely need a new neck seal, no way to zip it up on a 19.5" neck.  I'm about 5'8", almost 300 pounds.  I have my doubts about this fitting, but I couldn't pass up trying at this price.  So here's my build thread.  

First thing, I am not going to rush through this build.  I've been trimming a couple of pieces a day. I am an official member of the Mercs, so I'm not in any rush for a con or anything. My desire is to do this right, if at all possible. 

Below are pictures of a rough trim.  Seriously, need to smooth edges, it's cutting into my neck, ouch!  Anyway, I feel alright about the up/down fit, but really worried about the sides. Really looks like there is going to be a large space there. 

20160209_201547_zpsfet434dk.jpg

20160209_201555_zpspnphpixa.jpg

20160209_201603_zpsfzbd0ihp.jpg

As I go, of course I'll add more pictures. As always, feedback is appreciated!

Foe shims, you may be able to use the extra ABS from the bottom and top of the kidney (or bottom of the chest) that was cut out during trimming.

You'll need to add some side shims.  Check out this tutorial.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30448-adding-kidney-shims-for-larger-troopers/

Good link! There's some good info here, as well:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32266-side-shims-and-rivets/

I'll be needing some side shims myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my build thread. I had to mod almost every part to get a good fit. I had to buy a large 2 x 4 ft sheet of 2mm ABS ($20) and cut out custom shims. Luckily I had my wife who was also building a TD help shape the biceps, bells, and butt to fit with a heat gun. Best advice if you decide to use a heat gun: go slow and practice on a scrap first. Heat the part while it's on your body. When you get the fit you want, let it cool on your body so that part will keep its shape. Post pics and ask questions if you want more specific help.

• Like 1