Epoxy Putty question

Aaron, your build was where I got the idea!

On 2/10/2016 at 2:17 AM, usaeatt2 said:

Works great.

Clean the ABS well and rough up the surface with sandpaper, then mix and apply.

I used computer cable nuts.

Then I painted the epoxy black to match the interior.

Aaron :)

• Like 1

I have said it before, but I LOVE SUGRU!  It bonds super tight, will never crack, and is removable.  Incredibly easy to work with, not like the epoxy putty I have used in the past.  This site will give you some more info.  https://sugru.com/about.   Whatever you decide to use, just be sure to leave a small gap in the top somewhere to let moisture out of your bucket, which will help keep your lenses from fogging up.

• Like 1

I couldn't find it Joseph... I totally would have picked some up while I was out

I have said it before, but I LOVE SUGRU!  It bonds super tight, will never crack, and is removable.  Incredibly easy to work with, not like the epoxy putty I have used in the past.  This site will give you some more info.  https://sugru.com/about.   Whatever you decide to use, just be sure to leave a small gap in the top somewhere to let moisture out of your bucket, which will help keep your lenses from fogging up.

I used JB Weld plastic repair putty and it worked flawlessly. My placement, however, differed from others.

I also used motherboard posts in my putty. Had tons laying around from old computer builds.

ba266ebe574b6f37faa1150132eb9e94.jpg

Edited by C0bra_M3nace
  • Like 1

good call brother I just used 6-32 screws and nuts 

I used JB Weld plastic repair putty and it worked flawlessly. My placement, however, differed from others.

I also used motherboard posts in my putty. Had tons laying around from old computer builds.

ba266ebe574b6f37faa1150132eb9e94.jpg