My ANH Elite Standards TK

Kit is done and test fitted and ready to roll except my TD. My TD is sanded from me bondoing it to make it seamless on the tube, tonight it gets painted grey and it gets assembled tomorrow. Helmet is a 501st modified requirements MR CE. Everything was done with Elite standards in mind, canvas belt, white webbing for drops, for elite I have yet to cut my butt, and to get a proper E-11 (which is planned for this month)

One more modification is needed on my thighs and my test fits will be successful. I also need to paint the UA Logo black.

Enjoy the pics, consider me a off the ship newbie who just got dropped on a planet like Endor and haven't had time to muss myself up yet.

Stomtrooper12.jpg

Stomtrooper13.jpg

Stomtrooper15.jpg

Stomtrooper16.jpg

Stomtrooper18.jpg

Stomtrooper17.jpg

Stomtrooper14.jpg

And to prove it is me, bucket off!

Stomtrooper1.jpg

Alexis

*smiles*

PS- advice about things like if my belt is too high etc are welcome and appreciated.

Like I said I know I need to dial a few things down yet. My shoulder bells/biceps will be permanently affixed soon making my torso sort of a slip on shirt. But so far it is comfy I can almost kneel as well, a little more trimming and Christian won't be the only one in this area who can kneel/prone!

Alexis

*smiles*

Great start!

Dig into trimming your calves, looks like they are pinching you huh... Dont look to line up on top.

Your belt is too high, but you said that. I use a little ind velcro to hold it in place. The top of your leg armor and thigh armor trim is what I see right now anyway.

Velcro on the sholders fell off... If you havent gone with the heavier stuff, make the switch. Youll love it later.

The more you wear it, the more you will tweek, and then the better it will feel.

Looking good, keep up the good work!

nice set of pics, but i must ask what was you doing in the woods of endor ????? :rolleyes: p.s in the second pic it looks like your whle chest plate it trying to eat your head maybe you can try pinning it down some how.

I got my list of things needing done from my GML, and am a bit frustrated and close to throwing my TK in the can.

Kinda of irks me that I CANNOT get rid of my thigh front edge bowing out, barrel thigh they call it. I have tried heat, tight shims, and even cut off most of the "edge" line in the back yet still if I want it to fit my thighs up top the bottom will barrel.

My chest is also a sore spot, it fits damn good but rides up a bit, there is NOT a chance of me getting it closer to my chest without making it look bad with an overly exaggerated bend above my breasts, breasts and TK do not play well. All in all I am feeling like a nice bout of tears, I have worked endless hours trying to "get it right" and apparently I am light years from set.

Alexis

*can't smile*

So it's not Alexis in the last pic :huh:

& I'd say your only a few more hour's from great looking armor :)

No it is me, but I can't smile right now, compound that with the fact my sniper plate nearly ruined my armor this morning fixing it and you have a crabby me.

While drilling out the rivets my holes grew when the rivet heads decided to become a drill bit. I was forced to add rivets to my armor and line them up and glue them so that the rivets look like a backing. I may even fill the holes in and white touch up them at some point since now it is glue and not rivets holding them in place.

The chest and thighs are what really have me depressed about the armor. Any more bend in my chest to flush it to me and we are going to watch it begin to look odd. Stormtroop armor is realtively straight in the chest area, with the idealized male chest etched into its features. Beding that idealized chest to fit a female chest slop at a point is going to start looking weird, up close you can already see the "pinch" wave in the plastic beginning from my bed thus far, do it more and I am going to get a fold. Ruining my chest.

TK4205 Wyatt and Christian whos number I know not, both could not collectively think of something to do to fix my thighs. My Garrison Armorer told me..."umm wear em til they reshape themselves?" as an answer.....Someone so knowledgeable they are staff here and are doing tuts here told me, umm I am at a loss to fix those thighs good luck! Not the most encouraging way to start figuring out how to mod them myself.

I have drumstick thighs. They are tapered heavily from my hips to my knees. Fitting the top of my thigh is going to leave some space for the bottom even pulled close at the bottom, I won't avoid that without fitting the bottom and making the top chokingly tight.

Between the chest and the thighs lies 90% of your appearance so if I am at a loss to fix them......

Alexis

*can't smile right now*

^is that a better way to say it^

Don't give up, a few more mods and you'll be looking great :)

Do you think if you anchored the chestplate down - attach it to the ab-plate with elastic perhaps? - that would stop the riding up? It looks as if all it needs is pulling down a little.

As for the thighs, I can't tell what you've done exactly from the photos because there's none of the back of them, but I got rid of the barrel look on my thighs by making them more conical, so they're still big at the top but smaller towards the bottom. It looks like you should be able to do that?

Also, you're in Seattle? Cool :) I'm going there in December for a week or so. I have one days worth of stuff planned, other than that, I've no idea what Seattle has to offer :lol:

edit: just seen your latest post. Maybe my thigh advice isn't so useful after all. I can't say I'm an expert at this kind of thing :unsure: wish I could be of more help

Don't give up, a few more mods and you'll be looking great :)

Do you think if you anchored the chestplate down - attach it to the ab-plate with elastic perhaps? - that would stop the riding up? It looks as if all it needs is pulling down a little.

As for the thighs, I can't tell what you've done exactly from the photos because there's none of the back of them, but I got rid of the barrel look on my thighs by making them more conical, so they're still big at the top but smaller towards the bottom. It looks like you should be able to do that?

Also, you're in Seattle? Cool :) I'm going there in December for a week or so. I have one days worth of stuff planned, other than that, I've no idea what Seattle has to offer :lol:

edit: just seen your latest post. Maybe my thigh advice isn't so useful after all. I can't say I'm an expert at this kind of thing :unsure: wish I could be of more help

Okay so I have trimmed the plates that had odd matchings, always intended to do that one anyway.

Thighs have had wedges cut from them and now we are fitting the hard shims for riveting, velcro just will not do away with the bowing, locked in place will.

I will keep it posted on progress after todays fit post mods.

When you come to Seattle look the people of Titan up, great group up here and I know I personally am always up to meeting new troopers. I would imagine the rest are as well.

Alexis

*back to work*

yea def try the straps to attach the ab and chest plates. I had to do that to keep the chest from popping up, not from female parts, but from a bit of a tummy heh. Works awesome, if you need pics let me know an ill post em for ya! :)

Your armor looks like its comin along nicely to me, a couple of tweaks and i think you'd be good to go!

• 3 weeks later...

Armor building is an evolution and it never stops. You will constantly be tweaking it to fit right. After every trooping event you will make changes. It never ends.

If you try strapping the bottom of the chest plate to the top of the ab plate. Use white strapping.

Like this guy, just don't get shot by rebel scum in the process :)

med_gallery_2_1_7800.jpg

Another thing you might try on the thighs is ditching the FX thighs for some RT mod thighs. I bet you'd be able to get those dialed in just perfectly. The FX thighs are one of my biggest complaints with FX armor.