Cover strips not perfectly straight

I'm 5 or 6 strips in on my arms and one of the strips on my left forearm and one on my left bicep seemed to have shifted while drying making it so it's just slightly on an angle. Just meaning the top has slightly less ridge on one side than the other. Not horribly or anything, is this acceptable or do I need to tear them apart and redo. I'm hoping it's just a preference thing. <br><br>

I know for sure I'll be double checking the other 30 or so I need to do an hour after I lay the strip. I'd do a pic but photobucket hates me today.

Photobucket hates everyone this week.

Could it be due to too much E6000, and so gravity does its thing?

Have you considered taping the strips in place with painters tape until the E6000 dries? Might be one way to keep things aligned.

I did that on the first side of the first one and it ended up straight. But i thought i was just being paranoid and excesive so i stopped. I'll do that from now on thank you guys. <br><br>

Now to the other question. If it is a bit off on a few strips is that okay in terms of basic/EIB/Centurion approval?

If it's e6000 it's a "easy fix" remove them rub the glue residue off and redo.<br><br>

Sadly by saying easy it's not easy. E6000 is great as with about 20-30 seconds of heat from a heat gun, I used the second temperature setting at 450 degrees. It will soften the glue. I use a 6" drywall spatula. Its really thin and bends so it slides very easy under and corner and into the glue seperating it. Once it's off you can just rub all the glue residue off resand the surfaces a bit and redue it. The not easy part is the heat will have weakened the glue on the inner shim too. I'm not sure if you should strip that one off or not.

Good news on that is that I caught these before the inners went in and the only thing non-e6000 yet is the glue on the frown screen.

Now I'm really just deciding if it's me being anal or if it's actually needed to fix. if it's needed I'll do it but if it's not I'll leave it until I pass basic and then fix.

I actually just went directly at one end and gently pried with a flathead and then very slowly lifted the strip. Couple of scratches but worked perfectly. Forearm is setting right now nice and straight and about to fix both issues with the first bicep. Mark put the fear of God into me about using a heat gun near the ABS so I wanted to try force first. I'll try the freezer on the 2nd bicep and see if that's any easier but with time the other two strips came right off.<br><br>

Thanks for your help guys.

• Like 1