Disneyland tickets?

Daetrin

OK, so I found out I'm going to Anaheim on Monday to take the kids to Disneyland. Any pointers on how to best get tickets or other stuff to see while in the area (we'll be there about 6 days)? Should I buy them online or what?

Not sure if I can sneak armor in my luggage or not, but my kids are 8, 10, and 14.

When you get to Anaheim try the local Costco if you're a member ? They usually have discounted ticket's . Universal Studios is also very cool to go to . Definitely hit up downtown Disney . And if you have a rental car possibly hit up Beverly Hills and Hollywood . Hopefully some more guys will chime in down in that area but when we go down that's kind of the loop that we do . But my wife likes to shop so !!!

six days... nice. I will be down there that same time... Sunday-Tuesday. Sorry I don't have leads on discounted tickets. Really hard to come by now a days. I have season passes and they are going up next year as well. It's not cheap.

Orange county's main attractions are... Disneyland & Downtown Disney (ESPN zone, house of blues, rain forest cafe, Mexican Food, jazz kitchen, shops, starbucks, live music etc), California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm, movieland wax museum, south coast plaza shopping mall, Huntington Beach (surf city) to Laguna Beach, San Juan Capistrano Mission. You can purchase a Anaheim Rapid Transit (A.R.T) bus pass ($7 a day) to take you most places in the Anaheim area. Car recommended.

Keep in mind.. Los Angeles and area is 30 miles away and very spread out. Traffic is a bear most of the time on the main interstate (5) to and from la., so going to Hollywood, Beverly hill, etc WILL be a all day trip.

There are so many options... it just depends on what you want to do and time frame. Just don't get spontaneous and go to LA at 1:00pm in the afternoon unless you plan on getting back to Anaheim late. Again traffic is unpredictable and certain times of the day it's bumper to bumper. You should try to plan the day before and start early. You have lots of time to do most everything.  PM me anytime for more info . hope this helps.

disney/california adventure  - Min 2 days

knotts  - 1 day

Venice Beach, Los Angeles (LA Live), Santa Monica  - 1 day

Huntington beach and area beaches, coast driving -  1 day

San Diego / Coronado (2 hour drive) - 1 day

San Juan Capistrano Mission - 1/2 day

Long Beach - Queen Mary & Aquarium - 1/2 day

Edited by cjdesign

Your best bet might just be to buy them at the window. Disneyland really doesn't offer much in terms of discount for tickets. But at least when you're there they can walk you through if you want to buy for multiple days or for both parks. Not sure if you're familiar with Disney California Adventure.  It requires a separate admission and has some stuff Disneyland doesn't (Cars Land and alcohol!) Next week will be packed so if you want to see and do most of the park you might have to look into multiple days. With the Season of the Force going on in Disneyland be sure to get your fastpasses for Hyperspace Mountain first thing in the morning while the rest of your party gets in line for Star Tours. Off the bat you can do two of the busiest rides within an hour without having to spend 120 minutes in line for hyperspace. Costume wise they are allowing people to suit up but there is alot of rules you have to follow. 

Correct me if i'm wrong but you're a veteran, right? I last went 5 years ago but I bought hopper passes for Disney World for $99 a piece. If you have access to a military base and can go to the travel center usually in the PX, they can get you the best prices. Not really sure about Disney Land but Disney World has the Shades of Green resort for military and veterans. 

Correct me if i'm wrong but you're a veteran, right? I last went 5 years ago but I bought hopper passes for Disney World for $99 a piece. If you have access to a military base and can go to the travel center usually in the PX, they can get you the best prices. Not really sure about Disney Land but Disney World has the Shades of Green resort for military and veterans.

This is exactly the route I would go.

I wish Disney had a Shades of Green resort. Very cool program.

Disneyland Resort is saluting active and retired U.S. military personnel by offering Military Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Tickets. You can visit both theme parks each day of your ticket!

Check this out... ends soon

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/military-park-tickets/

Edited by cjdesign

I just came back from a three day trip.  Get a multi day pass with Park Hopper, that way you can bounce between the parks and get to rides when the lines die down a bit (like less that 45 minute waits).  Also, take advantage of the Magic Mornings (going in an hour early before the regular crowd).  Head straight to Hyperspace Mountain, or the line will be at a 60 minute wait in seconds.  The Radiator Racer ride was always between 60-120 minutes, head straight there one morning.  Use the Fast Passes to your advantage, we got in at 0900 and ended up getting a pass for Hyperspace for 1830!  There are a couple of "discount" ticket places just across the street from the park, but park tickets are never really discounted much more than $2-$5 buck.  Costco may be the best bet. 

Bring drinks and food into the park, expect long lines for everything, but over all enjoy the trip. 

Airwolf