Beginner crying for help

Anyone there who can tell me about the authentication of originalstormtrooper.com , or is it far TOO authentic? 

I live in Germany and would like to join the 501st Legion.

The most part that concerns me is first the budget: the money spent on an Imperial Stormtrooper armour, and secondly the building of the armor later (too worried to screw it up) :P

any help?

Anyone there who can tell me about the authentication of originalstormtrooper.com , or is it far TOO authentic? Because they do all the dirty work (trimming etc..) but this costs hell alot of money!
Any suggestions ?
Thanks 

Welcome, Hassan!  Please forget that you ever saw that website, (originalstormtrooper).  There are many sites and sellers online that claim to be "authentic" and "501st approved".  Do not believe them.  The only current approved "vetted" armorers can be found here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/.  

As far as building the armor yourself, it is honestly not as hard as you may think.  Does it take time, patience, and research?  The short answer is yes.  The good news is that there are hundreds of tutorials, build threads, and people here to help you out every step of the way.  

You should also sign up at the German Garrison: http://www.501st.de/news.php.  They have 5 Squads, and will certainly help you out as well.  Best of luck to you, future Trooper!

• Like 1

Going to say x2 for what Joseph has said. Stay FAR away from originalstormtrooper. My advice is do a lot of reading here on the forums. There is a vast amount of information and knowledge here. There are also a couple other armor producers that are not on that "vetted" list that do produce really good kits. Information on these other makers can be found in threads on this site.

No matter what building a 501st approvable TK (Stormtrooper) armor  will end up being expensive. I'm just getting into this myself and have already spent more than I care to mention :)

Biggest thing is if you have a question just ask!

Hope this helps.

edit:

The sellers on the Vetted list are there for a good reason, they have shown time and again to be great to deal with and produce quality products. Again with what Joseph has said, many of these sites/ebay listings are selling armor that are of a very poor quality, and will take much more effort, time and money to make them 501st approvable if they are able to at all.

Edited by Jinsei
  • Like 1

Agreed. Stay away from originalstormtrooper.com. I almost made that mistake in the beginning to. Use the resources here. Take your time, and yes, it gets expensive, but in the end, it's all worth it.  :smiley-sw013: