Technical Difficulties.

Artshot

Sorry if these problems have been covered, or even fixed, but my frustration is getting the better of me.<br><br>

Over the last two days I have tried to post an update to my ANH build thread, however no matter what I do, either through Safari, Chrome or Tapatalk, I am unable to get any photobucket linked photos to embed, all I get is lines of code in my thread and no photos.<br><br>

I have used my iPad in the past and it was fine, even after the server move it worked, to a degree, now however, not a thing of use which is hindering my ability to ask a few questions as without accompanying photos, things are difficult to explain.<br><br>

Is there a fix out there that I have not found ?<br><br>

Thanks for any help.

I think Eric is looking into it already. There's another thread regarding this. I have the exact same problem. The ONLY fix I found for it was to download and use Firefox on a computer. On a smart phone or any other browser forget it. And if you are able to do it through Firefox and then come back and edit on your phone through Google chrome, Safari, or internet explorer it will ruin the whole thread. But as I said Eric is looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had to use Firefox for my post updates where I need to insert pix or copy/paste text. Although, someone mentioned the little switch on the upper left corner of this reply window that allows some copy/pasting.

For images, the forum browser is looking for the image codes before and after the photo links. This is a sample, but I had to add spaces before and after the IMG and /IMG. There should be no spaces in this format.  Everything between the ] and [ is the photo link with no spaces.
[ IMG ]www. photo hosting website links[ /IMG ]

These codes may have to be typed in front and after the photo links to get them to be viewable.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody had any success with posting images via an iPad ?<br><br>

It used to work, then the server changed and I cannot post an image, I just end up with the code for the image pasted in from photobucket, I can post from work using my work pic which uses IE.

Has anybody had any success with posting images via an iPad ?<br><br>

It used to work, then the server changed and I cannot post an image, I just end up with the code for the image pasted in from photobucket, I can post from work using my work pic which uses IE.

I haven't had any luck posting from my iPad either.  You get the awesome line break strings "<br>" and it messes up the html embedding when I paste from photo bucket.  No problem when on my computers though pc or mac: IE, chrome and safari work fine.  iPad or iPhone = broke.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't had any luck posting from my iPad either.  You get the awesome line break strings "<br>" and it messes up the html embedding when I paste from photo bucket.  No problem when on my computers though pc or mac: IE, chrome and safari work fine.  iPad or iPhone = broke.

Totally broked! Stand by. I may have a fix. It won't be soon though. 

Are there any apps that are iPad/whitearmor friendly?

Tapatalk :)

-Eric

• Like 1

Tapatalk is indeed probably the best way to go about posting from your iPad. It is the only way I can do so without the annoying <br> popping up all over the place. :D

Totally broked! Stand by. I may have a fix. It won't be soon though.

Tapatalk :)

-Eric

Thank you for looking into it.

I'd be interested in knowing the fix if it's not custom code. I come from an it background and you never know when you will come across something in the future.

Looks fixed! Nice.

Edited by Trogdor