Shun the non believer

bmth chris

Alright. So, here's the situation. Is it frowned upon to have a kit built for you? I'm looking around and just seeing people saying that the reward of building your own is good in itself. But seriously, when investing upwards of $600, is it really that absurd to have someone who knows what they're doing do it for you? I understand that there are plenty of threads that are basically a walkthrough but I just can't see someone investing $600+ and screwing up and being ok with it. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, will judgment be passed if someone has a commission done for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. That's happens more frequently than you may think, especially if we are talking about people who rarely visit here but still want to be TKs.

But aside from the satisfaction of building your own kit, there is this to consider ... you will have to maintain it. When (not if) something breaks or needs tweaking, it will be the owner's responsibility to fix it. It's hard to know how to properly diagnose and fix the problem when you have little to no idea how the kit came together in the first place.

• Like 3

Not at all. Do what your gut tells you about putting together armor. If you feel there is a risk you will be unhappy with the results, by all means have someone with experience do it for you. I built my RS kit and although I managed to finish it, I had a lot of problems along the way that ended up costing me extra. &lt;br&gt;<br><br>

Ideally if you are going to have it commissioned, have very accurate measurements of your body size and lots of good communication with the person building it for you. This way there will be fewer adjustments upon completion. Its even better if the person building it for you is local so each part can be pre-fit before its all glued together. &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;<br><br>

It was fun and rewarding to build my armor but It took me a long time to complete and that meant missing many great trooping events. Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Edited by Bulldog44
  • Like 1