Ok so thoughts on this E-11?

It looks nice. I'm not sure just how accurate it is.<br><br>

I'm holding off and waiting to see what S&T airsoft comes up with. They're working on an all metal blaster. Their first L2A1 was pretty good but needed some modding. They're making improvements and hopefully will debut an accurate E-11 soon. <br><br>

I just wish I knew how long soon was. :D

I have see this kit many times before. It's from an outfit in Canada. One of my main complaints with this is the rear sight is way too tall and they mount it backwards. The little serrated edges should face the rear of the weapon. With the sight being so tall, it makes the scope rail way too tall off the main receiver.

I have see this kit many times before. It's from an outfit in Canada. One of my main complaints with this is the rear sight is way too tall and they mount it backwards. The little serrated edges should face the rear of the weapon. With the sight being so tall, it makes the scope rail way too tall off the main receiver.

Thanks for the detailed response, I really appreciate it. I'm using this for my main reference so I can see what you mean about the back rail being too tall. http://www.501st.com/databank/File:TK_anh_stunt_e11.jpeg

Almost looks as if the back thing which connects the rail too tall. It might be possible for me to trim that down, not sure. But, what do you mean by the rear sight being backwards mounted? Looks the same to me as in the reference pic. Is that incorrect?

Edit: Nvm I think I know what you're talking about now. These things? http://imgur.com/7uduFIt

I didn't notice those at all in that pic from the 501st, and they don't mention in their guild line there. I'll go looking around for some more all around pics.

Edited by Kal

http://imgur.com/a/mG2od

I'm not very crafty at all so trying to find a prebuilt E-11. Not 100% sure what to look for in one so looking for any possible feedback.

Thanks so much everyone!

Brad have you tried to looking into Hyperfirm?  They just redid their ANH molds and come Centurion ready.  Check the for sale thread.

Brad have you tried to looking into Hyperfirm?  They just redid their ANH molds and come Centurion ready.  Check the for sale thread.

Ya I have checked them out a bit. They're a solid rubber cast right? My only problem with that is that I'd like to modify my E-11 with light/sound and I don't think that will be possible with a hyperfirm. At least I haven't seen anyone posting about it yet. Not to mention they are a little costly compared to the other options I've been seeing. Sadly I have to be taking into account how poor the CDN$ is right now which leaves a lot of internation/US options looking not so great.

Edited by Kal

The E-11 shown in first post looks pritty decent...

Few things i noticed is that the cocking handle is the wrong way around, and the rear sight is way too high and backwards.

Cleaning line on the bolt (also good for less friction) is too high and too thick, doesn't have the sear showing becouse of this... (doopy's has this aswell)

Trigger guard is too small cousing it to sit in the wrong position.

Bayonet lug is too low, and prob wrong way around aswell (classic error)

Missing mag clip on the side..and details on the clip end.

(looks like it's a doopy's overal, except the rear sight wich looks 3d printed)

Again, ''overall'' it looks pritty decent :)

It has the shapes and everything.... it all depends on how accurate you want, or want to make it...

A kit like suggested before is something nice to buy from Dday...

All the bits and pieces are a direct replica of the real thing..

All you need to do is put them in the right position, and a can of black paint.

Edited by Tr00per

The E-11 shown in first post looks pritty decent...

Few things i noticed is that the cocking handle is the wrong way around, and the rear sight is way too high and backwards.

Cleaning line on the bolt (also good for less friction) is too high and too thick, doesn't have the sear showing becouse of this... (doopy's has this aswell)

Trigger guard is too small cousing it to sit in the wrong position.

Bayonet lug is too low, and prob wrong way around aswell (classic error)

Missing mag clip on the side..and details on the clip end.

(looks like it's a doopy's overal, except the rear sight wich looks 3d printed)

Again, ''overall'' it looks pritty decent :)

It has the shapes and everything.... it all depends on how accurate you want, or want to make it...

A kit like suggested before is something nice to buy from Dday...

All the bits and pieces are a direct replica of the real thing..

All you need to do is put them in the right position, and a can of black paint.

Ya I sent him a message on here and on fb and just waiting to hear back. If I read his post right and it's 195 Euros for a blaster than that is defiantly out of my price range. It will end up being $350(CDN) by the time it's delivered and that's just way more than I want to spend on this blaster.  Kind of kicking myself that I didn't start buying up my kit last year when out dollar was on par with the US.

Wow 195 euro's for that ....

The kit from doopy's is $61 + a can of black paint and some glue... ... and can be more accurate made then the 195 euro ($221)  costing glued wrong way together e-11.

Avoid it at all costs... unless the person is using some sort of special imperial military black paint.

Edited by Tr00per

Wow 195 euro's for that ....

The kit from doopy's is $61 + a can of black paint and some glue... ... and can be more accurate made then the 195 euro ($221)  costing glued wrong way together e-11.

Avoid it at all costs... unless the person is using some sort of special imperial military black paint.

It's looking more and more like this is the option I'll be going :(

Oh well, how hard can it be, right?

There are only something in the neighborhood of 300,000 doopy doo build threads on here. I'm sure you can steal some tips from those ;)

Ya I'm just wondering with all these people recommending DD's why no one has one for sale or pre-assembles them. Seems odd to me.

Ya I'm just wondering with all these people recommending DD's why no one has one for sale or pre-assembles them. Seems odd to me.

Depending on where you live there are a lot of legal restrictions on prop weapons of this type. Sale and manufacture of them can be complicated and a real hassle. I would think this is at least one reason why you don't see assembled versions available.

Depending on where you live there are a lot of legal restrictions on prop weapons of this type. Sale and manufacture of them can be complicated and a real hassle. I would think this is at least one reason why you don't see assembled versions available.

Ah that makes a lot of sense. I know in Canada fake guns for the most part have to be sold with a orange tip on them, not sure how much that relates to props/replicas though.

Hmm found this one today on etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/124842364/star-wars-stormtrooper-e-11-blaster-prop

Looks pretty good at first glance, the trigger would have to be replaced. Am a fan of light/sound already in there.

I'm not sure what you like us to say....

The first blaster you showed us looks better with it's flaws, but the painted Hasbro toy has even more inaccuracies.

Removing or replacing the trigger will also mean that light and sound won't work.

A Hasbro toy is 40 euro

A Hasbro blaster conversion skin kit is 27 euro

A can of black paint is 8 euro

A build guidence is 0 euro on FISD

And ofcourse some glue ^^

I'm only saying this becouse buying a pre build converted toy can lead to dissapointment.

Plus it's much more fun and satisfying to do yourself.

With the parts listed above you can build a cheaper and way better looking blaster then the one on Etsy, and it will have lights and sound aswell.

But if i was you, i would go with a Dday's kit or Doopy's all the way...

Edited by Tr00per

I'm not sure what you like us to say....

The first blaster you showed us looks better with it's flaws, but the painted Hasbro toy has even more inaccuracies.

Removing or replacing the trigger will also mean that light and sound won't work.

A Hasbro toy is 40 euro

A Hasbro blaster conversion skin kit is 27 euro

A can of black paint is 8 euro

A build guidence is 0 euro on FISD

And ofcourse some glue ^^

I'm only saying this becouse buying a pre build converted toy can lead to dissapointment.

Plus it's much more fun and satisfying to do yourself.

With the parts listed above you can build a cheaper and way better looking blaster then the one on Etsy, and it will have lights and sound aswell.

But if i was you, i would go with a Dday's kit or Doopy's all the way...

Thanks so much for the help again eh.

I'm keeping both of them on my short list right now. Seems that they both don't have their full builds in right now. Dday said he should be up around october when he has more pipes in and I have no idea for Doopys. The only other option currently would be to get their pipeless build and go from there. I'm going to do some looking around to see if anyone sells pre drilled pipes as I don't have the tools to do it myself.