Knockerbot large AP build

Hello everyone,

I've been feeling pretty motivated lately.

do-it.png-w370.cf_zpscbfdcg39.png

I have a bit of an update. I've been working at building a 5v 10000mAh 4 blower system for my bucket but that's just a pile of parts waiting for the fans to come from china in a month. I did however buy the power block. It was at Canada Computers for $30. The weight should be okay but I'll need ballast at the front of my helmet to make up for it. It'll eventually have a red cog painted on it. The inside of my bucket will be black and red.

IMG_20151015_114658_zpsackhj7gk.jpg

I also grabbed some chemical gloves at Dolleramma in Canada. The was $2 and another $1 for cotton liners. I guess it's the normal set up around here. (Thanks Danny and the guys on the Tantive IV Boarding Party on facebook for getting me on the right ones) My eyes aren't actually this crazy, I was trying to look like a serial killer lol. 

FB_IMG_1444836306021_zpsgyxlcu8p.jpg

FB_IMG_1444835303955_zps4b1xpjbz.jpg

Then it was little brown box day and also a tiny package in the mailbox. The tiny package was my Efraa compression shirt from Amazon. I'm not showing that. It looks okay, it's a 2X and I'm testing it's limits when I put it on, I'm not putting up a photo lol. But it works and was super cheap. $13 I believe.

Now to the box... what's in the box?!?!!?

IMG_20151015_115454_zpsi9gszk3y.jpg

WHAT'S IN THE BOXXXXXXXX?!?!?!!!

IMG_20151015_115550_zps3jvbyoyy.jpg

It's my E-11 from Quest Design Canada! I love it, please don't take what I'll be doing to it as not loving it lol. I'd be happy to just have it as is but I really want to mess with it. Some men just want to watch the world burn Master Wayne... lol

IMG_20151015_115806_zpsv4f7fu4g.jpg

Pre deconstruction. 

IMG_20151015_120233_zpscketxlnn.jpg

Added a spring made out of 14 gauge wire. Not sure I like how it's sitting in the inner bolt might fabricate something.

IMG_20151015_120226_zpswgt6gqxh.jpg

Drilled out the fake bolt in the handle. Mission to find new one today.

edited_IMG_20151016_123515_zps5yh0nyrv.j

Drilled out fake holes in folding stock. I'll be making a fake rod with polymer clay by pushing it into the holes using a dowel with it's end concave so it actually looks like a rod goes through the stock. 

IMG_20151016_123522_zpsyfpmiyki.jpg

This is where it's getting violent. I am clearing out spots using dental pics and have slipped and scratched the paint a lot BUT it doesn't matter because I' going to paint and go for a real battle worn look.

I drilled out the spot in the folding stock on the bottom there. I need to square it up when I buy needle files next week. Also need to add a centre piece using the clay.

IMG_20151016_123530_zpsvu1lbn03.jpg

Dug out to separate parts on the stock. Looks better in person. I still may go deeper.

IMG_20151016_123542_zpsvtmaosrq.jpg

Started to dig out around the bolt. Still going deeper today.

IMG_20151016_123555_zpscmgpmzlq.jpg

Dug out the T tracts to make them look a little separated. Could go deeper.

IMG_20151016_123616_zpsk1ehsqvy.jpg

CHIP!

That's fine lol. Easy fix. I actually may leave it and make sure to have it as a metallic ding on the barrel.

IMG_20151016_123623_zps7vywrboe.jpg

Now my hands shake like a street walker in church (lots of drugs, legal but still make me twitchy and shake) so that's now my dremmel slipped on the counter. Which is fine. I'm making a fake top and pushable button for this so this won't be seen but I'll also patch it any ways.

IMG_20151016_123640_zpsbuarnidg.jpg

Drilled out the tip but not the bolts. I want to be 100% that I have replacements before I do that.

IMG_20151016_123753_zpsads15kcm.jpg

Well that's yesterdays work. Will update tonight with what I get done. It'll be less, I have my son all day :) Moms out getting a tattoo! lol

It's been longer than a decade since I did stuff like this last so lets see if I do okay.

First, vinyl painters tape

IMG_20151017_093735_zps4yuqgxnd.jpg

I took a cog off google and put it into Photoshop and made it about 2 inches by 2 inches. I then laid that onto some tegaderm (second skin from the drug store) and wrapped that around the battery. Total MacGyver moment on the tegaderm btw lol

IMG_20151017_094735_zpsyepganqw.jpg

Cut with a very sharp boxcutter and pealed even more carefully.

IMG_20151017_100926_zpsfgm2h3lh.jpg

If this was an airbrush I'd be doing a lot better with it. I never used to use brushes. Waiting for that to dry a bit before another coat.

IMG_20151017_110749_zpsinkgd8o5.jpg

Edited by Knockerbot

Dun Dun Dun DUN DA DUN, DUN DA DUN!!

Little bleed, didnt think about the type of plastic I was painting. It has little channels that run the whole length. Bugs me that I didn't get that cog in the centre but it sits horizontal anyways so it should look okay :)

IMG_20151017_114004_zpsdxmlhx2w.jpg

Edited by Knockerbot

More work on my blaster today.

IMG_20151017_184601_zpsrz8jugfy.jpg

Piece started to crack when I drilled for the grub, scary.

IMG_20151017_184555_zpsjogupnwy.jpg

There was a few isuses with the barrel tip. As soon as my drill was on it the fake bolt exploded and took a large chunk of the tip with it. Lots of sculpting with my dremel to fix it.

IMG_20151017_184540_zpszodia178.jpg

The other issue was I didn't buy the cross hatched bolts but I did that for easy ident of my blaster, I know mine has the striped bolts.

Last for today the lock free screw

IMG_20151017_184530_zpsb8qbe5nc.jpg

Babty was the style of blaster used on location in Tunisia due to their strict gun laws. Still an E-11, but 100% non functional, unlike the E-11's used in the death star scenes.

Looking good so far. If you're planning on re painting, I'd suggest 3 layers... After the primer, silver, then an ochre yellow, then black, then taking a 1000 grit sandpaper, sand down for battle worn... This is what others had suggested in the past... But hey, what do I know? Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to do more finishing on my E-11 but I got most of what I cared about so I'm getting onto painting. I realized I'm too much of a stickler to buy premade so I'll be building my own E-11s from here on out.

I also got my replacement mic tips in the mail so I decided to paint them too after forming the screens over a highlighter and pushing them up and in from the back using a dental pick.

IMG_20151029_190539_zpsztqxgt0m.jpg

Used to work in a truck plant in paint. Overkill but I don't like spray painting without it.

IMG_20151029_191329_zpswirknfkr.jpg

IMG_20151029_191927_zpssk1j5xoj.jpg

IMG_20151029_191939_zpshqrywmwm.jpg

IMG_20151029_194915_zpshcuvdlmr.jpg

They aren't fully built there. I do have the centre pieces as well.

IMG_20151029_200216_zpstwgjpufm.jpg

There's a tiny crack in the left one that I didn't see until paint was on it.

• Like 1

I am rebuilding the counter and scope so I haven't started those yet :) I'm thinking of gutting the scope this week. I don't have the lenses yet but I know the sizes and I want something else to do. I'm just going to slice it in 3 and use some small forsner bits to empty it out.

I also may try to turn a piece of acrylic on my lath to the size needed for the window of the counter and then sand off three sides to make it square leaving one side rounded. Won't be hard to do if I can find a good piece of acrylic.

Hello everyone,

So I put in my order with AP today and I'm waiting for my brown box day. I figured I'd start this now even though it's pretty far off because I'm going to start what I can now.

What else can I do (other than order things) while I wait?

List of things ordered/ Made/ Acquired:

AP Helmet - Ordered

AP Armour - Ordered

AP Holster - Ordered

AP Gloves - Ordered

ANH hand Guards - Ordered

O2 Clips - Ordered

Bifercated domed rivets - ordered

Canvas belt - Received

Garter belt - Made

Inner Drop Boxes- received

Black 2 piece compression suit - Received

3d printed Hovi Mic tips (from Vaj) - Received and awesome

E-11 - Received

Piping for thermal detonator - ordered

S type stripping - Received

Darker lenses- Ordered, need to pick up at Acklands-Grainger in Guelph

Trooperboys stencils - Received

Humbrol Paints - Received

Fans for helmet - In process of build

Foam for Bucket - Ordered

List of things needed:

Ribbed neck piece

Audio system (both types)

TK boots from Imperial Boots

I've just discovered this thread and I too have recently placed my deposit with AP for the stormtrooper helmet, amour and gloves/holster combo kit (ANH Stunt).

Excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering, what is the pupose of ordering the ANH hand Guards, O2 Clips, Bifercated domed rivets, Garter belt, Piping for thermal detonator, S type stripping and Humbrol Paints? (the bolded items.) I would have thought some of these items would come with the AP kit, like the hand guards, rivets and piping (when you say piping you refer to the those grey strips on either end of the detonator right?)

I ask this because if you acquired these items separately from the AP order then it means there are more items for me to obtain to build my kit than I first thought. I was under the impression the AP kit included everything I needed to build the armor on a basic level (minus the undersuit, canvas belt and boots of course). Sorry if i've befuddled you with my inanity :rolleyes:

So when I started his kits weren't as full as they are now, he just changed them and actually now a lot of that stuff is coming from Mark. <br><br><br>

The paints are because I want to instantly aim for centurion and I want paint not decals for my helmet, same with the s trim. The one that AP sends isn't good enough for centurion unless he's changed that too. He made huge leaps the past few weeks.<br><br><br>

The garter is to hold the thighs up. Super simple to make and I can walk you through it myself if you need or you can order it on here from the sales page from another person. <br><br><br>

If you're going this route with AP make sure Mark know you want everything he has.

Edited by Knockerbot

So when I started his kits weren't as full as they are now, he just changed them and actually now a lot of that stuff is coming from Mark. <br><br><br>

The paints are because I want to instantly aim for centurion and I want paint not decals for my helmet, same with the s trim. The one that AP sends isn't good enough for centurion unless he's changed that too. He made huge leaps the past few weeks.<br><br><br>

The garter is to hold the thighs up. Super simple to make and I can walk you through it myself if you need or you can order it on here from the sales page from another person. <br><br><br>

If you're going this route with AP make sure Mark know you want everything he has.

I see. Good info. I think out of this list i'll focus on acquiring the garter for now; ive seen at least a thread or two where someone has been selling their own. Mark hasn't told me of any other non-armour parts i need to complete my cert 1 ANH Stunt build so i think i'll wait till i get my kit and so what's with it before getting anything else.

That's best if you're confused at all. No need to buy things twice :) it'll be a short list though. Bunch of small nitpicky things mostly. Like the lenses needing to be darker so you need new lenses kind of thing but also like boots, blaster, undersuit, neck seal, audio equipment, big stuff like that.