AM armor

Hellfire272

Hey guys, I didnt really know where to post this so sorry if it is in the wrong place. 

But I was just wondering what people's thoughts were with the AM TK build kit? 

If people are generally very happy with AM or if I should try a higher quality suit. I was looking at AP, But they are quite expensive, But very high quality details. 

Thanks, I've read a lot of really good things about it. And that is has a very good price range for what you get. I emailed the contact info on the armor vendors forum, but I havn't gotten a response in a few days, Does anyone else know a different way to get into contact with the vendor?

I just recently completed my AM build and I am very happy with it.  With the support of this board, I didn't have any difficulties putting the armor together.  It is definitely made for a large trooper.  I'm 6'2", 225 and I did not add any shims.  I had to do a lot of trimming.  Be patient, he'll be in contact with you.  I found his communications excellent while I waited on delivery.

From what I've heard, I believe it's the most accurate ANH/ESB armor in the US.

Unless Anovos exceeds it, of course.

AM IS NOT the most accurate in the US. Do not take this advice. The most accurate would be ATA, CAP, or MTK. in the US

The AM is probably the least accurate other than the FX, and is made for bigger troopers. So if you're an average or smaller trooper, I'd say go with AP, MTK, CAP, or ATA.

The AM is a fanmade sculpt and has an innaccurate chest plate not suitable for EIB use. It will need to be replaced as its too sharp and too huge. 

The AM is a fanmade sculpt and has an innaccurate chest plate not suitable for EIB use. It will need to be replaced as its too sharp and too huge. 

I was recently awarded EIB with my AM build.  Also, I believe with the changes Troopergear has done to his molds, AM can be approved for Centurion.

I was recently awarded EIB with my AM build.  Also, I believe with the changes Troopergear has done to his molds, AM can be approved for Centurion.

He must have switched out the chest for the recast RS from his NE then, I only noticed after I posted that new AM 2 builds have the new chest, Originally the AM2 had the old chest. Then yeah its approvable just not the most accurate in the US.

But the main issue at hand is that it still is made for larger troopers right? 

Im 5'9"

about 175 - 180lbs Not the most muscular but muscles aren't abscent and pretty skinny

I feel like i wouldnt fit right in it

I am 5'10, 155, Andrew, and I made it to Centurion with AM armor, (except the chest plate), so it can be effectively cut down.

Edited by justjoseph63

I just wish the guy would get back to me. How much was your AM armor?

Nice job getting to HWT Centurion too. Thats my course. 

HWT

troopergear@gmail.com is the Guy from AM's email right? 

I really need to contact someone from AM Unless someone here knows what the price is and what the current wait is?

Edited by Hellfire272

I used the new AM2 armor, chest and all, and have submitted my Centurion application, with the recommendation of the guy who gives the final approval.  I fully expect to be the first Centurion using the AM2 kit without trading out parts.  

Cristian, this is the second thread (at least) you've posted in saying that the AM chest is bad.  And it's the second thread I'm responding to, saying that it's not anymore.  The new mold is perfectly acceptable, and doesn't look like "robot boobs".

You have the right email address, it can take him a couple days to respond... I'm not sure he does the email thing on the weekend.

Here's my Centurion request thread with full AM2 armor (except for the ears, because I did a Hero suit and not Stunt)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32605-tk-44678-requesting-anh-hero-centurion-status-am2/

Other than my ... heft... it's about as accurate as you're going to get, I think.  I had to trim down everything except for the kidney and ab pieces, which fit around me like a glove with my bellah.

• Like 1

But the main issue at hand is that it still is made for larger troopers right? 

Im 5'9"

about 175 - 180lbs Not the most muscular but muscles aren't abscent and pretty skinny

I feel like i wouldnt fit right in it

Andrew, any kit can be made to fit anyone with the right assembly and additions or subtractions.

If you went with AM you would just be cutting a lot of excess plastic off of the kit so that it will fit you.  It doesn't mean that you will not have a nice set of armor when you are finished.  If you went with something like AP well that is smaller and you would probably need to add side shims if you were aiming for the higher standards.

Something like ATA, MTK, CAP-W, TM, RS Props, or T/MC You would probably get away with less cutting and/or less additions or subtractions.

In the end it is all about how you put it together and if you have any desire to achieve EIB or Centurion.  They will all work in their own way.

Good Luck!