Boots ok for EIB?

Looking at these boots then noticed they have a seam on one side.  Would this seam be considered on the front of the boot and hence, not eligible for EIB?  I'm thinking these won't work but wanted confirmation from more experience troopers.  Thanks.

For level two certification (if applicable):
· There is no seam present on the front of the boot.

71kprIIaS%2BL._UL1500_.jpg

Correct, As the seam runs down the front and then turns off to the inside. The only seams that should be present on these boots are at the sides (under the elastic) and on the rear.
The seam on the front would pass for basic 501st approval, but you'd be limited to Level 1 Certification and basic FISD status (no EIB or Centurion).
:smiley-sw013:

Edited by BadBatch
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Just a dumb question tho, is there any way to cover up the seams with extra putty or some sort?

My straight up guess says no. But you could always PM Sly or Ukswrath and ask them to be sure, since they're the ones approving the higher levels here.

Are these off Amazon? They look like the ones I bought, they also have a seam down front :( I returned them immediately without opening the box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TOMALFORD

I'm fairly sure those are the Funtasma boots, which are well known, and widely available on Amazon and elsewhere. Halloween boots from vinyl. Some have bad luck with them, and they don't last long at all. Some others have surprisingly good luck with them, and they last far longer than their low price would indicate.

Also widely known for being approvable at Basic level only. Which is quite fine for most people who just want to troop.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard the the same Kman. The fact there is that seam on the front, makes them incompatible with the EIB requirements. You could use some rubber epoxy or something to close the seam but I'm fairly certain it would look terrible, not be resilient whIle troop and still not correct the poor quality of the boots themselves. Buy bass Amsterdams or another chelsea boot with no seam and paint, or buy a vetted FISD brand. I.e.TK or imperial boots. Save yourself the hassle and money in the long run.

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 2