And so it begins....MTK

aintrabar

Ok so working on the fitting of the top.. I've run into some issues..  Apperantly i'm kinda tall and lankey.. Keeping my chest piece overlapped makes a pretty big gap in the back.. not sure how to fix this

21BBA941-33BD-4A3A-8D06-B44FBD7E4A1E_zps

Also i've now lost weight duing this build (and time off from work) so i need to do some tightining up of the side gaps

CE864A1B-14F8-4735-AE8F-DCB467815003_zps

Just kinda looks horrible

And i'm worried my chest piece is not big enough for me

5D1711F3-9469-4C95-9CA0-B84100FC480F_zps

Ok need your thoughts and input.. am i being too critical?? or are things screwed up?

Thanks!

Nope. You are being too critical. Remember that things will slim up when you get your belt in place and get everything tightened around you. 

The elastic vs. webbing discussion was interesting. I have used both on builds but usually limit the webbing to torsos that are a little large for the trooper or if the trooper is on his/her way to losing weight. Elastic will eventually stretch around a rivet or snap post. This can be stopped by folding over the elastic on the end that received the snap or rivet and sewing it. This means the stretch will only occur between the the stitched portions.

Thing look good so far. I thought one of your left side rivets might be located a bit too low. Here is the way they should be positioned.:post-12041-0-64812200-1443839774_thumb.jpg Now in this pic, this armor has the kidney notch on the lower portion of the kidney but ignore that. Look at the rivet positioning on the ab and the kidney rivets should go directly across from them.

Your caps on your Thermal Detonator seem very wide. When trimmed, they should measure around 3/4 inch or 20 MM. Total detonator length will be around 7 1/4 inches.

Keep up the great work!!!

Hope to update again soon. I've got the shoulder snaps on and need to size the bells. Then I have to tackle the belt (so procrastination)

Thanks for the feedback on the detonator. I'll fix it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so seriously i must have Armor ADD or something So this is really all i have left to do Belt.. fit my sholder bells and finish my detonator

E21C9A9B-B792-484A-8084-96C4F7C992B6_zps

But yet... I tend to squarell and go troops as my TI 

67CD1BA1-C197-4B0E-BC8C-1FB526C0F82D_zps

Then i tell myself i'll get this done... then go do something dumb and get this

1D329AFD-E4BE-4E6A-B615-DE6704F52734_zps

Yea... an inperial guard... oh and i just got my mon cal Imperial navy helmet...

I am going to make my amor master in my garrison like come over with a gun and make me finish my TK! sheesh   

So sorry for the lack of updates

i'm soo close.. 

EFB81AD7-1700-44A5-8C4E-E96A3DE66EE6_zps

Ok so have run into another snag.... GRRRR I'm starting to think this armor is too small for me or something. Started trying to fit the bells. And i find the gap between the chest and the bells is HUGE. Keep in mind i dident do any sort of hevy cuttin on the chest. is this way off?

12019833-d8b8-4af1-817d-66bc14ce6464_zps

and to be honet i'm not 100% sure which bell is wich. This is the way that seemd to work the best.

Thoughts??

Ok well i moved on and did a first FULL FITTING! my biggest issue is around my bells just seeming to be to small for my cest. OR chest too small. Also i know my legs look kinda funky. My wife was the only one around to help me put this on. and she doesent really know what to look for so things look right.. but i'm feeling a lot better about it right now!

FBC6944B-9B30-4E71-8039-47230D1F36A2_zps

10DFCB83-5969-495A-8842-BDFBDA9475F1_zps

0043C03D-D2FB-4D7E-8D57-EF50C26B686C_zps

D617707B-58A7-419D-ADB8-633F80DD2B80_zps

Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by aintrabar

Check the return edge on the bottom edge of your shoulder bells. That could be what is giving the odd tilt. To get them closer at the top, shorten the strap from the bell to the elastic bridge. All I can think of for you.

Ok will do tonight. I only got dinged for the ankle pieces being too high (wife didn't know how to put them on) and my shoulder straps not being OVER the back plate (once again wife didn't know they were supposed to ) 

So will make some mods tonight and hopefully resubmit for approval