Height Concerns

Fellow TK and TK wannabes...help me out with something that's been a little nagging to me. 

I'm 6'2/3'' at 206(for now) lbs. 

I know Anovos is saying their kit is designed up to 6'. Was this mainly for the undersuit? 

For what it's worth, I ordered the "Large".

I've seen some people on here saying that they're not worried and can make it fit but that's coming from only a few posters. What do yall think? Will I have to do a lot of shimming? (I'm a total noob, but I'm pretty sure I got that term right). 

Thanks!

Edited by UHCoog12

I'm 6'4" and 220. I was concerned about the ANOVOS kit as well, and after much research decided to play it safe and got an AM kit. For the moment it is a bit more expensive but I wanted to play it safe and cut down on possible modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argh not the response I wanted lol :P

I'm 6'4" and 220. I was concerned about the ANOVOS kit as well, and after much research decided to play it safe and got an AM kit. For the moment it is a bit more expensive but I wanted to play it safe and cut down on possible modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I"m 6'3" and have TM armor.  It's great for taller people.  My guess is that you'll be able to work with the ANOVOS kit.  You can get creative with the gaps at your elbows and knees and get it to work.  The biggest challenge will be in the torso and making that long enough.  There are things you should be able to do there as well.  It's hard to tell until you see the final kit.

• Like 1

Like Todd said, the gaps at the elbows and knees will be the biggest challenges I'd expect you to have.

Creative strapping will help to offset that though. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You certainly wouldn't be the first TK in the Legion with a little extra black showing, if that's what it comes to. Shimming is usually necessary when the armor doesn't fit around your waist, arms, or legs. Based on your size, I can't anticipate that shimming will be a need for you.

UHCoog, looks like I am in the same boat. I ordered the Anovos kit too and am 6'3" and 190lbs. I am sure we can make it work and for the price of the kit it should be worth the little extra work. I would thing it would be more of an issue if you had more girth than height.

• Like 1

I like this idea. :P At the very least we should follow up with each other if we tall Anovos troopers have any issues / lessons learned. 

I say we just start our own group and troop together then nobody will know.

• Like 1

6'2" and 165 lbs and bought the Anovos kit too... I'm pretty confident I'll find a way to face the odds. Good to know I'm not alone on this crusade...

Edited by Marshall