Cody42[TK] Posted June 27, 2015 Report Share Posted June 27, 2015 Yesterday I got started on my First Order Stormtrooper, after my Boxes arrived on Thursday. Day 1:Unpack, count, check and marveling at every piece. There where over a hundred armorparts in the two boxes, although some of them were not separated yet.Because it was already very late in the evening I sadly forgot to take pictures. But I couldn't help to start trimming the first parts, which happend to be the right leg. Day 2: Today I spent the whole day cutting out and trimming plastic parts. Now my fingers hurt a litte... cutting through the plastic with my scissors takes a lot of force. In return all of the larger parts are trimmed. The only slips are on the TD, but a little extra bondo should fix everything. Also I cleaned the gaskets and cut them out. All larger parts trimmed. Sanding the edges and precise fitting still to go. The tools I used: Tin snips, lexan scissors (straigth and curved) and a knife. Next to the tools are the parts I still have to cut out. I collected all plastic scraps. Some parts will serve as tabs for butt joints others will be used to make ABS slurry. The gaskets and their glue tabs cut out. I'm still trying to figure out why there are three for each shoulder gasket. To glue them together two small or one large each should be enough... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.