E-11 repair WIP

Starrfox1

Hey all,

So I finally got my E-11 courtesy of Felix but unfortunately I have fallen victim to USPS and customs. I'm bummed, but I think this is a great opportunity to show a repair job, which I'll be documenting from here on out. Here is how my blaster came:

8pv4rPv.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the bubble wrap/brown box but needless to say, I was less than impressed with their attempted remedy. I have no doubt that the blame should be placed on USPS based on how everything was packaged - everything was loose and I simply organized the parts to show everything out of the box. 

gMQh1zL.jpg

Power cells ripped off of the magazine feed. I'm not sure if this was collateral damage as a result of removing the magazine or if customs was checking to see if there was a 'secret compartment' or something - either way I feel it was a bit unnecessary to remove.

jXnpxTi.jpg

Magazine feed cracked....

96sRlwZ.jpg

Well, I guess that's that. 

g3rWFg0.jpg

VERY minor cracking on the counter... mostly cosmetic but still irritating.

Here's the kicker that has me wondering what I'm going to do next...

6hOhii2.jpg

I know my potato photos don't really show it, but one of the screws for the scope is basically broken in half. I don't really know where to get a replacement but I can tell that it's as a result of forceful intervention. The threads in my scope are slightly weenie-eyed and I can see some marring where the threads pulled out. As of right now I have no idea where to get replacement screws so if anyone out there knows where to get one I'll compensate you with tons and tons of love :-*

That's all for now folks, please share your thoughts and advice - I really appreciate any guidance you can provide. 

- James

one more reason to simply sell a partially assembled kit format with the parts all taken apart so that importers can see it's a model

but even model guns can be subject to local laws.

it looks like they inspected it for smuggling, as well as function as a weapon.

What the hell is that????

I'm so sorry my friend that the blaster didn't arrived in that quality which you expected...really sorry!!!!!

What can i do?

The Magazin holder is the main issue and I will send you a new one on my costs!!

WHat happend with the Counter box???????????????? I think I have a second box and i will throw it into the package!

I don't know the size of the scope screws but i think that's an easy fix. Vern? Do you know the sizes?

I packed the blaster like a Baby so i think too that the opend the box.........F.   u... c...    that's enough:-)

Sorry again man but we will manage it and you will get the blaster you have paid for!!

Take care and Cheers,

Felix

• Like 3

Not sure if it is possible but maybe you can also file a complaint and get some form of money refunded based on the damage. They will probably state no responsibility but there is some chance you have a solid case of negligence on their part.

I won a case with the US post office for a lost package, got refunded for the contents. Strangely 4 months later the package arrived post marked one day before the actual posted date on the receipt. Crazy stuff.

Anyway file a claim aSaP.

problem dressed....problem solved:-)

I found all the parts you will need. You just have to change the window of the old hengstler box to the new one. And you have to sand down the mag housing for the mag....and paint it black:-)

i will ship out the parts tomorrow!

--------

Sorry again my friend!!!!!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

FELIX MY MAN <3

This was awesome to wake up to. I can't express my gratitude enough - thank you so much for going above and beyond for me on this! You just became my favorite person on the FISD.

I think they thought there were drugs or something in it, I think they also tried to pull the bolt back because the spring is kind of mooshed so I definitely think they were checking for functionality too. Should be a really easy fix. I totally get why they were so thorough, the thing looks incredibly real because of the weathering - I'm planning on re-doing some parts when I do a full breakdown and re-assembly. Also, I think I saw someone on another thread make a mock bolt out of a piece of aluminum, I thought it looked really neat and I think it will be a nice addition to everything else. 

Now lurking every single E-11 build thread in existence ;-)

Also, anyone have tips on separating the broken magazine well from the body? I'm thinking of maybe cutting it off with a dremel... I've never thought about reversing a build to do a repair, it just never occurred to me that this might happen. I have access to PLENTY of tools courtesy of my very crafty friends, just don't really know which ones to use yet :-P 

The Magazine is clued with E6000. So it is easy to separate it from the body!;-)

And thanks for your kind words James. But first: you paid for a 100% completely product from me and it came broken. So it is my service to make you happy!

Second: that's why I'm here...we are friends in plastic;-)

Take care buddy and have a great day!

Cheers,

Felix

@Karin: thank you:-*

Edited by Felice
  • Like 2

It might be worthwhile to send it partially assembled. At least heavy components like an original scope and counter can be re-attached after arrival. Because of their weight they put a lot of stress on their attachment points during transit.

Yep you are right Mathias! Next time i will send it partially assembled:-)

James, you don't need to send a present. You can do it if you like but your words and your PM are presents enough for me my friend! I'm fine dude....

Come to Germany and we are killing some beer together:-))))

Yep you are right Mathias! Next time i will send it partially assembled:-)

James, you don't need to send a present. You can do it if you like but your words and your PM are presents enough for me my friend! I'm fine dude....

Come to Germany and we are killing some beer together:-))))

ALL of the beer!  :pint1:

Too late bro, check your paypal :-) I'm sure I'll get around to visiting Germany someday, and when I do, we'll do this the right way.

I'm stoked to get started on the repair, I think it's going to be a lot of fun! 

Check your PayPal James;-)

Take the Money back and if you visiting Germany ( i life near Frankfurt) come around and pay the beer bill:-)!!!

Take care Buddy and

PROST

Felix

• Like 1