Am I too fat

Rick, you could either remove your bottom ribs or add shims to the sides.Ā  I'd go for the shims. There are quite a few tutorials and build threads where people have added shims to their sides.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

You could also not even worry about shims.

Ā 

If the one side is fully closed already, you could split the difference. Meaning about an inch on both sides, which is not ultra noticeable. Just make the elastic straps on the sides a little longer and you're good. In the photo you're wearing a polo shirt and a sweater, so the gaps will be smaller once you're wearing only the thin undersuit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My husband has needed to add some larger shims to some of his pieces and I had to for my thigh pieces. Ā What I do is glue one the shim to the inside of the armor. Ā Then, once all the sides are glued put a layer of ABS paste where there is a "seem". Ā Next, you have to sand the heck out of it to make it look like it is all one piece. Ā The pictures are of his bicep piece, the final shim that is the same as the ones for the arms and legs, etc hasn't been glued on yet (which will cover up the stuff in the middle). Ā 

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed