I have ordered and hopefully will soon be paying for my set of AM 2.0, then waiting for a brown box of my very own ;)

I chose the AM 2.0 because I needed the extra girth around my stomach, I am about 5.11 height, I really don't want to shim too much, if any, the AM 2.0 will hopefully give me more armor to play with before I have to do that.

One of my concerns initially was that the chest piece would need to be swapped out to go for Centurion, however I was just recently informed by "TG" that they have remodelled the chest and that it will comply to Centurion standard, so depending on my skill in putting it all together, it is Centurion straight out of the box.

Incidentally they also refined the shape of the shoulder bells.

I know from reading different builds that the helmet is three piece instead of regular 2 piece.

• Like 1

It's not necessarily about your weight, it's about where you carry it. If the measurement around your belly button is 38 inches or less, you can fit into one of the other sets of armor like ATA or MTK or even RS if they left the sides extended.

I have ordered and hopefully will soon be paying for my set of AM 2.0, then waiting for a brown box of my very own ;)

I chose the AM 2.0 because I needed the extra girth around my stomach, I am about 5.11 height, I really don't want to shim too much, if any, the AM 2.0 will hopefully give me more armor to play with before I have to do that.

One of my concerns initially was that the chest piece would need to be swapped out to go for Centurion, however I was just recently informed by "TG" that they have remodelled the chest and that it will comply to Centurion standard, so depending on my skill in putting it all together, it is Centurion straight out of the box.

Incidentally they also refined the shape of the shoulder bells.

I know from reading different builds that the helmet is three piece instead of regular 2 piece.

Oh ok see I know the difference in centurion and all that but honestly I don't really care much for that I just want great armor and to start trooping. Later on I'll build my ultimate rig. He asked $690 for me and I figured seeing all these others that was an amazing price to be so well talked about. I just posted this to hopefully seal the deal for me that way I can move to other issues with the build and actually have a kit chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not necessarily about your weight, it's about where you carry it. If the measurement around your belly button is 38 inches or less, you can fit into one of the other sets of armor like ATA or MTK or even RS if they left the sides extended.

See I'm a 38 but with a belt so I guess a 36 that's just how I like my shorts lol but I emailed RS but no reply. I'm looking for quality at a good price like the AM. Do you know the prices of these companies?

Hi Ande prices aren't really discussed in the forums.  You can always email the other makers to get their current pricing.  ATA is listed in the vetted seller thread and MTK is mtk_armor@cox.net

For RS pricing you can go to their website.

Just for reference I am 5'8" and 190lbs.  I have a 38 inch waist and I have MTK armor.  It fit perfectly without adding shims.  So these other armors can fit if you carry the weight right.  Also TM just mentioned recently that his armor fits up to a 38 inch waist as well.

Good Luck

Hi Ande prices aren't really discussed in the forums. You can always email the other makers to get their current pricing. ATA is listed in the vetted seller thread and MTK is mtk_armor@cox.net

For RS pricing you can go to their website.

Just for reference I am 5'8" and 190lbs. I have a 38 inch waist and I have MTK armor. It fit perfectly without adding shims. So these other armors can fit if you carry the weight right. Also TM just mentioned recently that his armor fits up to a 38 inch waist as well.

Good Luck

Alright thanks man! I'll send out some emails.

I am currently building my first with AM. It is going good so far. Very easy, you will still have to do some modifying depending on your different sizes of your body. (i.e arms, legs, chins). So far so good though. Good luck.

I just got the details e-mailed to me on the AM kit this morning, and I'm probably gonna pull the trigger and order this one for me as well. Was debating on the Anovos because of the price, but with the not sure on the sizing or how the pieces go together, I'm playing it safe and just going with a known quantity, even if it is a bit more expensive. I know extra ABS for shims is included with the AM kit, too, so if I need it, it's there. If I don't, even better.

• Like 1

I just finished an AM 2.0 build and got approved in March. I'm basically the same size (5' 11", 215 lbs.), and the armor is great. I'm learning the reality of maintaining armor for regular use (they're right, you never really "finish" your build). I wore it at Wonder Con and Celebration non-stop, and it held up pretty well. I did get some cracking on the chest plate, but I heard that's not uncommon. I've learned not to wear it for extended periods (like 7 hours) any more :-). I'd recommend this armor to get you approved and trooping. My first official troop is this Saturday, and I can't wait.

• Like 1

I just finished an AM 2.0 build and got approved in March. I'm basically the same size (5' 11", 215 lbs.), and the armor is great. I'm learning the reality of maintaining armor for regular use (they're right, you never really "finish" your build). I wore it at Wonder Con and Celebration non-stop, and it held up pretty well. I did get some cracking on the chest plate, but I heard that's not uncommon. I've learned not to wear it for extended periods (like 7 hours) any more :-). I'd recommend this armor to get you approved and trooping. My first official troop is this Saturday, and I can't wait.

I'm set on the AM 2.0 thanks everyone for the info!

• 2 weeks later...