Help out a 501st hopeful!

Hello there 501st! I'm a college student right now and for the greater part of the semester I have been saving up money to start my build of ANH armor. I raised the necessary funds to purchase AP armor (after seeing all the good reviews) along with accessories like boots, gloves, neck seal, blaster etc. However, I am having second thoughts considering that the Anovos armor, although its at 450 now, is a third of the price of the AP armor. Since summer is coming and I'll have time to work on the armor I am siding with AP armor for its availability against the winter release date of the anovos armor. I just wanted to see what you guys have to say about my dilemma, any advice is well appreciated!

-A future 501st member

Edited by totoy03

Hello and welcome aboard, as you say AP is available now and there is a wait for the Anovos. Also AP armor we now is approvable, the same can not be said about Anovos at this stage as nobody has seen as yet ;)

Good luck what ever you decide, lots of helpful people here to guide you on your journey

• Like 2

If time is of the essence for you, then getting a TK from one of the approved vendors here would be necessary since the Anovos won't be available until the end of the year or maybe even early next year.  If you don't mind waiting, then the Anovos is a great deal.  But, as you already know, no one knows what the Anovos will look like.  Some in the Anovos thread have mentioned the debacle of the Rubios TK release years ago.  Members here were excited about the pending Rubios TK too.  Once it was released, it was a disappointment for everyone.

Have you considered MTK armor?  It's about the price of the ATA TK but is available now.  I know a lot of ppl are excited about the Anovos deal since it includes basically everything except for the boots and blaster.  However, I have doubts about the quality of the accessory pieces because, in the end, they're in the business to make money. Hence, even with the complete Anovos kit, don't be surprised if you will have to get better gear/accessories to go with the armor kit.

• Like 1

If time is of the essence for you, then getting a TK from one of the approved vendors here would be necessary since the Anovos won't be available until the end of the year or maybe even early next year.  If you don't mind waiting, then the Anovos is a great deal.  But, as you already know, no one knows what the Anovos will look like.  Some in the Anovos thread have mentioned the debacle of the Rubios TK release years ago.  Members here were excited about the pending Rubios TK too.  Once it was released, it was a disappointment for everyone.

Have you considered MTK armor?  It's about the price of the ATA TK but is available now.  I know a lot of ppl are excited about the Anovos deal since it includes basically everything except for the boots and blaster.  However, I have doubts about the quality of the accessory pieces because, in the end, they're in the business to make money. Hence, even with the complete Anovos kit, don't be surprised if you will have to get better gear/accessories to go with the armor kit.

I definitely have to agree.

My only concern for you is that if cash is of the essence (which it is for most of us) it would be horrible to spend the money on the ANOVOS to just have to purchase another kit just because it ends up being un-approvable.

For now I personally would go with something known then that of unknown. Unless you want to wait for the release and after you see the ANOVOS then pull the trigger.

But if not, then MTK or ATA is the way to go for quality and price combo.

Some great advice from folks here, Ricky...  Another good thing about purchasing from an FISD "vetted" vendor is that there will be build threads from these armorers you can research.  Also, I cannot say personally what ANOVOS' customer service is like, but I have purchased armor pieces from both Trooperbay and ATA, and been extremely happy with my dealings with them.  All the best in your decision, and I look forward to your build thread!

• 5 weeks later...