De-ac Sterling

Wow, some day's are worth getting up early for.

It was after about three day's surfing around in total that I picked this up for £150 delivered, from a UK shop.

aefst1t.jpg

It needs a lot of TLC I know but the SFS have already taken the mag down for me, so one less job for me to do, I just need to find a stock now, Anybody Help :huh:

riveting said:

Wow, some day's are worth getting up early for.

It was after about three day's surfing around in total that I picked this up for £150 delivered, from a UK shop.

It needs a lot of TLC I know but the SFS have already taken the mag down for me, so one less job for me to do, I just need to find a stock now, Anybody Help :huh:

Try this link to IMA-USA. ---------

I bought this gun here. In the US now the only way to legally get them is chopped up like in the pic. They didn't sell the $40 dollar magazine with it so I haggled with the guy to take out the barrel and throw in the clip. He also didn't charge me the $30 to pick best in lot. You might be able to work out a deal like that if you are lucky but I know they don't like to break the kits down. One of the guys that works there (can't remember his name) is a huge Star Wars fan so that helped out a lot. Good luck on your build and keep us posted. I am just starting to braze my receiver tube back together. FYI every once in awhile you can find a vintage scope on Ebay. King of Parts tends to have them on a somewhat regular basis. Also TK-MD has the hengstler counter and they rock. If you are going real sterling you might as well go all the way. IMO take out the barrel and take out everything you don't need as this will help to cut down the weight tremendously. For the muzzle cap screws if you take the whole gun apart and you have a socket extension that is 18" long you can put fiber locking nuts in to hold the muzzle screws back on. This is what I did. You will need to ground down one side of the nut a bit as they won't fit in the muzzle area. Use the socket extension to get it started then you should be able to pull the cap screw forward so the nut fits snug in the muzzle then tighten away. A little bit of work but IMO pays off with the weight loss. Mine I think will be way less than 5 pounds when I am done. I have a 3 pound laptop and they both feel about the same.

Also I recommend you take it to someone that has a bead blaster. Take off the grips and trigger assembly and use MAAS metal polish to shine up the bare steel, unless you want to paint it. Then have the entire thing bead blasted. This will give it a somewhat rough texture and will also help the paint to adhere way better. It also will help to give it that dull flat appearance we are all used to. In the US bead blasting this costs about $20.

I also have the instruction manual and assembly in a PDF. If you want it shoot me a PM and I will email it to you.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Thanks Guy's :salute: & pm sent Luke :D , most of the De ac's I found were topping out at around the £600 -£750 mark. I just stumbled on the site that sold this by accident because it sells combat/Kung fu gear.

There were also one or two I found cheaper than the big buck's out there but they would only deliver to a business Addy.

So now I've sterling in hand & I'm officially a member of a re enactment club to-boot with the purchase, so all I need is to work on re enacting a conflict that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away... B)

once I get to grips with the mod I will post progress pic's.

SO what's the stance here on Lasers ;)

riveting said:

I was thinking something more like this, but only in the barrel as I don't want to ruin the azimuth scope

or is this too OTT??

WOW where's the thread on that build and what are you using? Erv from Plecter labs is working right now on a blaster soundboard that even supports a small 1" screen that shows ammo usage and everything. Several sound banks including stun blast full auto or anything else you care to download into it. I also will run the leds down the barrel and one at the muzzle. I like the laser idea but careful not to shoot your eye out. :D