Fidgells terrified about his ANH AP Build !

Looking good! You threw me off with the pics of you wearing the ab plate and belt. I thought the holster was on your right until I realized it was taken in a mirror. Doh!

A great piece of advice I was given on my build was to fit the ab/cod plate first since it has the least amount of adjustments. Then match the kidney plate to the ab plate, followed by the butt plate, then back and finally the chest. Just my 2cents.

And the weathering on your scope looks great!

• Like 1

Went to an armour party today. Met some great new people and saw amazing ideas. Inspired I couldnt go to bed without doing something, but what?

image_41.jpg

A "short" mess with this ended with lenses, hovis and ahem... DaveM assisted details!

image_42.jpg

Went to sleep rather proud of myself! Teeth and Vocoder tonight????

• 2 weeks later...

Vocoder painted, at the second attempt - DONT do this without pencilling in the area first wouldve saved me stripping and repeating!

image_43.jpg

Lenses, S trim and mouth mesh in place. Still cant find helmet padding I like so that search continues.

image_44.jpg

All done! Quite proud of myself :)

image_45.jpg

• Like 1

Had a spare hour so made snap plates with 1.5" poly web and Tandy snaps.

image_46.jpg

Then final trimming and sanding of the torso pieces, and split the butt/kidney.

image_47.jpg

So I had 90 minutes today, the last for four weeks as i head to England tomorrow. Firefighting a little here but did what I could.

First up, bisceps sanded and glued inner strips.

image_48.jpg

Those magnets are great once set but I find them hard to use. I ran out but had lots of dollar store clamps, really like them.

Next I glued the shoulder snaps to the chest piece.

image_49.jpg

Had a few moments left so went for a quick job and set snaps onto the butt.

image_50.jpg

And thats it for a month. Sad as I felt I was moving forward, but theres my "work bedroom" waiting my return.

image_51.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm back from my long month away from this mammoth task... And a box from Imperial Boots awaited my arrival.

image_52.jpg

So, inspired by this I got right to it and started glueing the outer strips to the biceps.

image_53.jpg

I glued snaps to the shoulder bells.

image_54.jpg

And while on my roll, tried (for the second time after ruining my first Ab button panel with over zealous sanding) attaching my "newest" button panel.

image_55.jpg

Big progress that day by my standards!

Another short space of time in the bag so its glue glue glue and out come more snaps...

image_56.jpg

image_57.jpg

So fast the camera couldnt keep up... yeeeaaaahhhh haaaaaa

• Like 1

Next up, shoulder elastics, purely as I really want something I can actually wear. Lots of measuring, remeasuring, swearing and starting again went on!

image_58.jpg

image_65.jpg

And finally Im reletively happy....

image_66.jpg

So now I can take something of an emerging TK picture.

image_59.jpg

• Like 1

image_50.jpg

You might want to trim or round the tip of the butt plate with the two snaps. Maybe even move the front snap to the back and cut off the excess plastic. It looks a little long from my perspective.  It would probably be more comfortable for you, if you get my drift.  Once it's all snapped together and you try it on, you'll know if you need to or not.

Just a suggestion.

An hour of EXTRA time to build so jumped right on with a few bits, until I ran out of prepared snaps. First up, hot water and shoulder bridges....

image_62.jpg

Bicep snaps and shoulder elastics.

image_64.jpg

image_63.jpg

And one last task of positioning the split rivets into my cod and left side...not as bad as I  expected but MEASURE PLENTY OF TIMES FIRST

image_60.jpg

image_61.jpg

Annnnnndddd breathe. Three days home and feels like progress. I'll admit I'm finding this build quite challenging both in finding the time to do it and in my ability to get it done right. It's enjoyable but nothing like anything I've done before. Looking forward to pressing on next time I have a few minutes to spare !

image_50.jpg

You might want to trim or round the tip of the butt plate with the two snaps. Maybe even move the front snap to the back and cut off the excess plastic. It looks a little long from my perspective.  It would probably be more comfortable for you, if you get my drift.  Once it's all snapped together and you try it on, you'll know if you need to or not.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks. I'm hoping to strap up these bits really soon so I'll pay close attention to my crotch.... Maybe I'll need the space ;)

Seems I need to be in a position to attach bits together to see how they all interact before trimming further, as for now I only went to the mould lines with everything ready for further honing.

I think it's the angle of the photo Greg. The posterior plate is sitting so the curve pushes out, not in.

Looking awesome Phil. Keep going man, you've got the momentum now!!

One thing, are you going to use the rivets to attach the snaps to the kidney and ab, or glue in snap plates between them? If between them, dont forget where the notch goes on the kidney. I have a snap there, below the rivet, that'll end up cut out. So I recommend either gluing the snap plates directly over the rivets, or behind them, or maybe all between and the bottom one behind or over. Hope I'm making sense!

Already done Danny, I glued them just off centre behind the rivets so they sit flush. I actually measured the evil notch and even grabbed my lexans ..... But that is the FINAL job ill do on the armor, you know... Just in case!!

• Like 1

I had time today to do a few bits. Firstly I painted the ab and kidney pins white.

image_67.jpg

The "ab snap"

image_69.jpg

Helmet pads installed. They are black Condor pads and fit very nicely.

image_70.jpg

• Like 1

Next I wrestled with the forearms. Having got nowhere I decided to break the job up and glued the inner cover strips to one side of each piece, then once dried I clamped and magnetized them to death to get the other side in to one side only. Next time ill get the far sides to meet then after thats dry ill go with the outer strips. Hard job that one!

image_68.jpg

image_72.jpg

Lastly for today, I fitted, then refitted, then third time lucky got my bells attached to the shoulder bridge elastic. I think Im now happy with the fit, although the biceps are not fitted here properly. just for weight and balance during assembly. Nice to get a more recognisable shape going, but the bridge elastic is bent a little, although when i pull down on the chest as it will be once all fitted together it looks like it will slip back into place. The journey continues next time with forearm completion and start to assemble torso!

image_73.jpg

image_74.jpg

Forearms are a nightmare! Even with my paltry 35 magnets i can only do one line at a time.... 4 days later and one forearm is done.

image_76.jpg

They are a nightmare to get on too as theyre too oval so i may clamp them for a day or two. First they need neatening up as theyre a bit scratchy. Still they fit!

image_77.jpg

And couldnt resist trying one on fully.

image_78.jpg

I found that due to the sometimes awkward shape and the amount of pressure required, it is definitely easier to do it like you have, but use Zappa Gap, and you are done in 1 hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Next up, painting the ab buttons. I wont show my first attempt but im happy with these now.

image_79.jpg

Time to start strapping the torso together, hoping to not need shims so tight elastics required.

image_80.jpg

First test fit. (Mirror images so dont tell me the holsters on the wrong side)

image_81.jpg

image_82.jpg

image_83.jpg