Brackets vs snaps vs velcro

DarSec

Having a conversation with a member about the pros and cons of snaps vs brackets. Thought I'd move it here. What are your thoughts? It seems that thicker ABS needs reinforcement for brackets, and brackets are totally canon. Snaps, however, make for easy break down of the torso for transport and storage. Anyone have recommendations or stories?

Most people here are gonna recommend snaps and elastic because of how convenient they are. I can't speak from experience about the brackets, but I heard somewhere that the return edges you set them up on may eventually be prone to cracking over time. I'd go with snaps, unless you're shooting for total screen accuracy. 

If you ask me, as long as everything looks good on the outside, and you're comfortable, that's all that matters. I use a combination of velcro and snaps and things have been holding well enough.

This has been covered several times before:--------------

In fact, google returns over 100 results about it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I had the bracket system and switched it for snaps and straps. I now have more room inside (I trimmed down the return edges) and it is more adjustable. My armor fits me better now. I cut the heads off the screws and glued them on the outside of my armor, it looks like I'm still using the bracket system

-Pete

• Like 2