Are Master Replicas really worth their value?

Are Master Replicas really worth their value?

For example, the ANH blasters like Han Solo, Leia, and the E-11 blaster can go up to or beyond a $1000.00 (on eBay).

This includes the lightabers with COA / autographs.     

I know the MR Boba Fett helmet has its pros and cons (I read all the discussions on the Dented Helmet).

What's the community thoughts on the blasters and/or the lightsabers?

Edited by Haribon72

In my opinion  there are a few factors,

1.  The product is worth only what the buyer and seller agree upon. Some could sell it for less or more. I bought 2 Darth Maul MR lightsabers, and a ANH Darth Vader from Sharper Image here in Pittsburgh, Pa, a while back. They were going out of Business for about $ 100.00 -$120.00 for all 3 Light Sabers in Mint condition.

2. Would you rather have a MR E11 or have a Real Deactivated Sterling with a Real Hengster Counter and a Real m38 Scope?

3. Would you rather have a MR TK Helmet or a RS Helmet?

Andy

• Like 1

Well, Andy said something good about it's worth what the seller and buyer decided it's worth. I paid 400$ of a full darth maul light saber Hasbro and the same guy wanted to sell me Luke's ANH MR lightsaber for 350$. So is it really worth it? I personally don't think so. I don't think it's an item that will gain value in the future.

All this is my personal opinion. I might be wrong too

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The MR collectors are a different breed for the most part. They don't strive for accuracy, but for licensed high end pieces. The smaller the edition, the more likely is a price increase. Even if you can get more accurate fanmade pieces, that's simply not their focus.

To them, it is worth it - and with Episode VII on the horizon, you can expect price hikes on the more poular items as well.

• Like 1

I saw someone asking £5000 for a MR Obi Wan ANH light saber, when at the same time you could get a fan made one, made from all original parts for £1000. o_O

• Like 1

Andy.... you got a great deal on your finds at Sharper Image. I wish I had visited the shops back in days. I can see myself paying close outs prices but not ebay prices. Great discussions mates!

I own both a Sterling conversion and a MR Stormtrooper blaster (I even used to have a looose MR I got for a nice price) and I can say the MR version is very cool, and in some ways comparable with the real deal. Regarding the price, you should only pay as much as you feel confortable with, but this should apply for everything in life.

The MR is full metal, and copies the Sterling pretty accurately, though being a bit idealized, but not more than many fan made E-11 I've seen. The scope has a nice targeting system on it, the trigger, selector switch and folding stock are all fixed and non-movable, and there's no cocking mechanism. It doesn't come with Hengstler or cylinders, but they can be added pretty easily. You can even replace the scope with a M38/M40/M19 if want to. There was a prototype MR that came with Hengstler and Cylinders, it is owned by a Rebelscum member:

------

They all come with a cool mirror base, a cool COA and numbered plaque. Some MR E-11 blasters might have a crack where the back suppot for the blaster is, due to its weight.

You can see a comparison of my MR and Sterling below:

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I saw someone asking £5000 for a MR Obi Wan ANH light saber, when at the same time you could get a fan made one, made from all original parts for £1000. o_O

I think it's that guy on the Facebook props group. He's out of this world (and quite arrogant too).

I think it's that guy on the Facebook props group. He's out of this world (and quite arrogant too).

Indeed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

While 5000 quid for a MR saber is ridiculous and that guy is pretty much a maniac, I dare you put together an Obi saber made of all original parts for £1000. Good luck with that :D

The "emitter" piece will probably eat up 80% of your budget or more, if you can even find one ;)

On 4/10/2015 at 7:23 PM, R2Dan said:

While 5000 quid for a MR saber is ridiculous and that guy is pretty much a maniac, I dare you put together an Obi saber made of all original parts for £1000. Good luck with that :D

The "emitter" piece will probably eat up 80% of your budget or more, if you can even find one ;)

I'm not qualified to judge the authenticity, but you might be. Have a look!

-------------

I'm not looking to buy, or recommend anyone else to do so either. I'm just posting this for reference to what I was talking about.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I picked up my collection cheaply here in the UK.  Been buying cheap for a few years (not yet found a Maul at a price I'm willing to pay hence the one in my avatar isn't an MR).

I didn't buy as an investment, more of a 'oooh shiny things!' But, I won't lose on them should I come to sell.

• Like 1