Look Sir, Droids! MTK Build - W.I.P.

While waiting for a definitive answer to the knee battery pack, I started on my belt. For anyone following ukswrath's build and has an MTK like me, do not repeat his measurements for the s-snaps on the ab plate. The ammo block will not cover the left side. Nothing a little ABS paste wont fix. I believe using the right side s-snap location on both sides for ukswrath's build will work for MTK. Currently have a baby in my lap and I'll report back when I get to it! Still need the knee advice!

Check out the ammo pack pictures on my Centurion app.  I put the outside edge where it needed to go, which centered the middle box over the seam, and the inner side just went where it would go to.  Short of stretching the plastic or cutting down the front of your armor to nothing, it's going to end up where it ends up.  I think the biggest thing is getting the middle box centered on the leg, which it sounds like it is on yours.

Check out the ammo pack pictures on my Centurion app.  I put the outside edge where it needed to go, which centered the middle box over the seam, and the inner side just went where it would go to.  Short of stretching the plastic or cutting down the front of your armor to nothing, it's going to end up where it ends up.  I think the biggest thing is getting the middle box centered on the leg, which it sounds like it is on yours.

Oh GOOD thats what i did with mine. I figgured centerd and not warped was more important!

I just figured maybe because I had to shim that it threw off the dimensions some how. I'll hit that up later tonight or tomorrow after work. Thanks everyone for help. I'll be asking for more help here soon as I'm getting closer to the finishing line

Didn't get to finish tonight so it's on the agenda for tomorrow. Tony, Is there a set location for the TD knee plate or is it just centered vertically and the left and right points of the diamond centered with the calve top ridge line? That's how trooperbay explained it in his video. Need SWAT member's advice lol

Didn't get to finish tonight so it's on the agenda for tomorrow. Tony, Is there a set location for the TD knee plate or is it just centered vertically and the left and right points of the diamond centered with the calve top ridge line? That's how trooperbay explained it in his video. Need SWAT member's advice lol

Yea i followed trooper bay. Third box from the right centerd on joining strip. Then make it not warped. Aka look flat and straight.

Hey Jason, if you're looking to emulate the Desert Captain (Look Sir Droids) here's a few SWAT request threads. .

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12913 

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13397

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12376

Hey Jason, if you're looking to emulate the Desert Captain (Look Sir Droids) here's a few SWAT request threads. .

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12913 

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13397

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=12376

Desert SERGEANT! I was a Non-Commissioned Officer(NCO) in the Army and calling an NCO a sir/ma'am would get you scuffed up  :laugh1: Yeah, I've been looking at a few SWAT builds. Some of them just blow me away with their weathering. 

- On your build, maybe I overlooked it, but did you heat bend the ammo belt before riveting it to the canvas belt? That's all I have left to do and it'll be fully assembled. 

- I'm going to take a picture of my legs suited up tonight and need some advice. It just doesn't look right and I'm thinking about ditching my thighs all together and getting AM thighs. I read on MEPD about a guy not wanting to shim his MTK thighs and bought AM thighs. I know they are huge so that means no shimming, just trimming height wise. 

Edited by Airborne Trooper

Ammo belt, I did not heat.

Once all my measurements and mounting points were set I drilled the holes in the ammo belt upper corners. Starting on one side of the thigh (left or inner in my case) I positioned, marked than drilled the hole in the thigh. Installed the rivet securing the belt to the thigh.

Stretched ammo belt around the front of the thigh. If your measurements are correct the center ammo box will be aligned with the outer cover strip. Align ammo belt with thigh (right or outer), mark and drill hole. Install rivet.

Oh man, two days with no FISD! That was tough and I actually had to do work at work. I will get those pictures tonight but I received my quote for AM thighs. Let's just say thighs will cost more than a hundro so I need review of my current set up first before asking the boss lady permission.

Ok here's some pictures of my thigh and calf. I have my thighs pulled as high as they will possibly go. I'm thinking I may have messed up and instead of re-doing the shimming, ordering AM thighs since they are much bigger than MTK. Let me know what you think. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to trim the shins. I still have my cut line marked before Josh talked me out of it. 

I can bend my knee but even with the rear cut outs, that's as far as I can go without it digging in.

91F6087F-2828-4CA1-8728-C34801EBC5D5.jpg

Rear:

9AD15212-5052-4512-82D9-265652C35CD0.jpg

Acceptable gap between ab and thigh?

2BF74F4C-DA27-438B-B7B2-42F573B91732.jpg

Without my boot on my shin meets up with the bottom of the thigh now so  with the boot on it's even worse. Should I trim the bottom so I can pull it down to give myself a knee gap?

FAC6BAEF-A1E2-4F97-A9B7-550E0739EC03.jpg

Yes, I know I have hobbit feet  :laugh1:

I'm 5'5". I Ended Up Trimming 1 1/2" Off The Bottom Of The Calve. It's An Improvement But I'm Still Really Close To Pulling The Trigger On NEw Thighs Anyways. Now I NEed To Figure Out How To Do The Enclose For The Back Of The Calves. No Way 1" Cover Strip Will Work On My Big Calf Muscle.

Edited by Airborne Trooper