Look Sir, Droids! MTK Build - W.I.P.

Whew!!!!! After way too many hours and suiting up just to take it off because something wasn't to my expectations, I finally got approved! This past Monday I suited up and my wife said "we are going to get this done TONIGHT so I can get my kitchen back (became my work area for the majority of the build)." Since I don't have a pack yet, my GML wanted my left hip MP40 pouch on my left shoulder. I tried nylon and elastic and I just could not get it to sit right. I knew that I would never wear it like this again so riveting it to my pauldron or something other extreme I've read here was not an option. My lovely wife made the overlooked suggestion of just taping it on for the pictures. That was a big duh moment.

One thing that got me rejected my first attempt was my biceps. I have them larger in the rear but they still wouldn't go any higher. I was forced to gap the front as well just enough where the 15mm cover strip would cover. Luckily, weathering does a good job at concealing the extra ridge line. My GML didn't necessarily want them in my armpits but my shoulder bells were barely covering the top. I am short so I have short arms as well and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. 

Another pro-tip is for the shoulder straps. My shoulder bell elastic tended to pull my elastic shoulder straps pretty bad. I made another set but used two pieces and sewn them together. It almost has the strength of canvas but still has some elasticity. My first shot also had some gap from the back to kidney, so I replaced the strapping with nylon instead. 

There are still some things hear and there I will tweak like the thigh foam block pushing my right thigh out too much. I'll be getting a pack and probably giving a whole paycheck to ukswrath in the beginning of the new year once my bank account recovers from Christmas. I'm still waiting on my legion ID and have been checking my email every 5 minutes for the past few days!

eb24ad52-ff0d-47e8-b96e-0b0bfbc999ca.jpg

0bc9a29f-6b63-48f1-8b28-1b9c0cb741b4.jpg

If you want to see my library with all the pics:

Attempt 1 for approval and up close pics:

http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/invaderjason/library/Approval%20Photos%20for%20GML

Attempt 2 that got me approved:

http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/invaderjason/library/Approval%20Attempt%202

• Like 1

ueh6cFh.jpg

Congrats, Jason! It looks awesome!

BTW, My welcome e-mail came in about 3 days after I was approved. I was surprised since that was also opening day of Celebration Anaheim. But, I agree with Tony, this week is not normal around the Empire...

Edited by wingnut65

My GML said it has been taking around 3 days after he makes approvals but this week is also a bit special. Even though I saw the movie last night (OMG it was awesome, am I right?!) it would mean the world to me to get my legion ID on the official premiere date. 

Edited by Airborne Trooper
  • Like 1

It finally came!!! TD-82573 reporting for duty!!!

Capture.png

I chose 82573 because I served 8 years with the 82nd Airborne Division, 5th Squadron, 73rd Cavalry regiment. Something that I will cherish for the rest of my life and to honor my brothers who didn't make it back home from 1st deployment in 2006-2007. 

• Like 2

Congrats Airborne! good ID choice. NY is far but maybe one day we'll troop together! (i hope its a parade)

I still have a lot of friends still in the Army living in Fayetteville and I'd like to go down to visit sometime maybe in the Spring. Maybe I can coincide it with a troop down there too?

Welcome to the 501st, Jason!  :td:  This is an amazing organization that will open new worlds to you, I mean beyond FISD, Mos Eisley and Tatooine...

Great number choice.  Thank you for your service.  I look forward to a chance to serve right along side of you.  A parade does sound good!   :Stormtrooper_walk_south:

I'm sticking with just getting those higher levels for my sandy for now and once the wife cools down I'll sweet talk her into letting me get a Tie Reserve so I can volunteer as a handler when needed and eventually, I really want to do a FO Tie pilot!

• 4 months later...

Just read this whole thread. It only took about 2 hours. (I literally read everything, no skimming, no skipping, no nothing.) and after all of that reading??? I have 2 things to say. 1. Thank you for your service. I have great appreciation for any and all uniformed service members (active, retired, guard, etc) my father served 20+ years with the Air Force. And what you did with your ID got to me. Made a tear find its way out of my eye. Lol but enough mushy stuff, on to the second thing! YOU MADE ME WANT AN ICE COLD BEER AND SOME PORK TENDERLOIN!!!! Problem is its 8:54 in the am where I'm at!!!! So I'll have to wait till after work. Congrats on everything man. You earned that police officer status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris, thanks for the kind words. Even though I'm a dirty sandtrooper, I figured I would cross post and help out anyone looking for information. I spent 8 years with my unit, 9 years total Army and deployed twice to Iraq. My first deployment we lost 22 men so the least I can do is pay my respect and homage to my brothers. 

• Like 2