iLLuSiOnZ_09 ATA Bucket Build (*ATA)

Ok so i lowered the brow. Much Better lol. I agree!

31.jpg

And then i had to tackle those damn ears. Whoever said they each take 2-3 hours are right lmfao. Its not perfect, but I'm at least happy with them lol.

33.jpg36.jpg

34.jpg35.jpg

I definitely know why the new buckets in Episode 7 they decided to go earless!!!! But at least the difficult part is over lol...

And then to finish for the night i had to take a quick selfie!!! Just to make sure i go to bed happy :)

37.jpg38.jpg

I probably should have taken them with the lenses on, but it was late. I needed a break.

• Like 1

If the little gaps bother you, you can always make abs paste and fill it.

2F8AE28A-46B2-4CEA-A98D-B3AF0AD9CC2C_zps

i've seen so many buckets and ultimately they all have gaps lol. It really doesn't bother me. 

I will be making the paste for the armor, but for the bucket i want to keep it clean lol.

I almost gave up and was gonna have you do my ear lmfao...

I thought about using the ABS paste on my ears for a second then decided I'd rather have it look more natural. I think you made the right choice!

• Like 2

Spray the mic tips with Satin Black.

39.jpg

after spraying them and letting them dry overnight, i then sanded the tips to remove any bleeding on tips then glued on the mesh.

40.jpg41.jpg

Now time for paint! 

First using a pencil i drew the outline (i'm not sure if you can see it...). I haven't seen anyone try it before, but to actually paint i put painters tape as a "template"

42.jpg

43.jpg

2 coats applied:

44.jpg45.jpg

took off tape and leaving it overnight to settle. Unfortunately there was some bleeding. I'll touch it up tonight with some paint thinner; but the tears i'll do gray first and outline black by hand.

47.jpg46.jpg

Then i focused on the face.

Painted the vocoder:

49.jpg48.jpg

Then after it dried up, i installed the mic tips.

50.jpg

• Like 1

Using the same painters tape technique i did before, i put the tape to create the black outline and just paint gray.

51.jpg52.jpg

Two coats of the gray and then i removed the tape. I think it came out pretty clean. I'll lightly touch up the black line with my 10/0 liner, but overall came out great.

54.jpg53.jpg

I also painted the tears, the frown, and the ears with the gray.

The tears are ready for the black, but the frown and ears i need to touch up with gray with the liner to get it to the exact line i want.

55.jpg56.jpg

I need to use my nice Nikon for the final bucket pics when i finish; these phone pics are not the best lol... But in the meantime this works lol.

Using the masking templates from trooperbay, i painted the details on the tears and cap. I also finishing detailing the frown and the gray on the ears.

Tonight I will do the outline of the tears, finish the ears, and touch up any imperfection on the cap with the 10/0 paint liner lol.

57.jpg

I finished the outlines of tears, ears, & (traps i touched up...perfectionist in me lol)

then re-assembled helmet to work on tube stripes.

58.jpg

using trooperbay masking template for tube stripes, i attached on both sides where i wanted them and carefully made sure they were on as tight as possible. Naturally with the shape you are going to have some bleeding.

and then i put painters tape around it, just in case i went paint happy lol.

59.jpg

then applies two coats of french blue paint and waited a while before removing the template. I still wanted it somewhat wet so i can clean it after.

60.jpg

So once i removed the masking template, there was definitely some good amount of bleeding through. But thanks to Paint Thinner and some handy thin cotton swabs, I'm happy with the final turnout.

61.jpg

all i have next to do is paint the rank stripe on the ear, the mesh inside the frown, and put the lenses on.

Wow you are really nailing the painting!  Watch the spacing though on that left tube stripe.  Should be pencil's width away from the main lid.  

thanks! I really tried to make it as consistent as possible and even on both sides. I tried to do it about a finger away on both sides; but getting that template to stick exactly where and how i wanted was, needless to say, interesting lol.

as you know the overall tube shape of the bucket is different on both sides, so trying to get it exactly right was a bit of a challenge.

62.jpg

63.jpg

Edited by illusionz_09

looks great! i just showed one of my techs who is painting my details on my ATA for me this is how it should look

thanks Brian! just make sure he has paint thinner handy. Cleaning up is key! lol

I cut the lenses to where i was happy with it

64.jpg

For the frown mesh, i used an insect mesh screen.

65.jpg

Then i cut to size and then glued it on. First i put it with painters tape to where it fit properly, then started applied E6000 with a toothpick to create a seal completely around the mesh. (i also put the S-trim around the bucket as well.

66.jpg67.jpg

Of course i had to take a progress picture lol. I still need to put the padding and straps on the inside but at least the outside is complete.

Tonight, i'll take the official final pics of the full bucket so you can see all the aspects & details, etc...

68.jpg

Hey David looking good :duim: . I can't help but notice how twisted your ears are, a bit too much in all honestly. You might want to consider adjusting them. 

Here's a gallery shot of ANH Stunt bucket. 

gallery_stunt.jpg