ANH build, need critiques!

Hola!  I need to have some input, especially critiques, on my AM 2.0 build.  Bear in mind that there are a few things I have already addressed, like the right shoulder bell, (adjusted), and the latex hand guards, (re-glued), and left bicep lowered.  Also, I see that the belt is too low in the back.  Thanks for any and all constructive advice!!IMGP0310_zpsheo00gh9.jpgIMGP0313_zpsace8ck8r.jpgIMGP0319_zpstn5rihzt.jpg

Looking really good!!  I just see a couple of things;  the ears look a bit thick on the bottom curved bases and the whole belt could stand to come up almost an inch, you would have to move your snaps up on the ab plate (just had to adjust mine also).   Also could just be the strapping on the ab/kidney, but the rivets could be aligned a bit better by bringing one piece either up or down, whatever is more comfortable.  

• Like 1

Nice work!

In order to keep your forearm and biceps the right distance apart and turned the right way, you might want to strap them like this:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19372-correct-bicep-to-forearm-connection-anhesb-video-and-photo-references/

• Like 2

Thanks Scott and Ben, good calls all!  I completely forgot to put snaps on the ab plate/belt, so that should remedy that.  I am looking for a whole new way to strap the kidney/ab, as they look great before putting them on, (lined up perfectly), but this happens after.  The ear guards are going to be another story!  After looking at it again, I think I have a bigger problem, though...  The belt, even when perfect in the front, looks like it will still ride over the posterior and kidney gap.  Any suggestions?  I will be addressing the biceps today, Ben, thanks for the link!

I just noticed that my drop boxes look out of whack, but I aligned then with the edge of the belt.  I think Scott's suggestion will fix that..

Edited by justjoseph63

I had to put some non-elastic strapping between my ab and kidney- mine did the same thing always wanting to ride up and ruin the alignment;  I think you are fine with the back of the belt, but others will chime in.  

• Like 1

Your shoulder straps look like there is a lot of flesh around them.

They could be trimmed significantly ...

Also, just speaking of proportions, your thighs look a bit big in contrast to the rest of your Body and it seems like you have lot of space in them ...

On the other Hand, when I take a look at the coverstrips on the front of your thighs, it seems you have done it on purpose ...

Care to go into Detail?

Nice clean build, btw!

Edited by Bone
  • Like 1

Would suggest to remove the return edges on the forearms.

Can your shins be lowered a bit? (you have no visible gap between upper and lower leg)

Can upper and lower legs get trimmed to be more tight? (as Bone suggested) Looks like there is a lot of material left under the cover stripes...

• Like 1

Wow, nice job! It looks really good overall and should allow you to receive basic approval. Are you asking for feedback to obtain EIB or Centurion? I'm assuming Centurion.

In addition to the above, the shoulder bridges between the chest and back plates can be trimmed and perhaps angled better so they are on the back plate tabs more evenly. The elastic should loop around the back plate tabs and shoulder bridges. They look to boy looping the chest plate tabs instead.

I also noticed the 4 button ab plate. The button plate should be trimmed and glued on. It seems like the entire piece was glued on.

Edited by Mutter
  • Like 2

On top of what everyone has been saying, for the chest plate, you can heat bend the side wings to make them more form fitting.

Also, you need to switch sides on the forearms (correct me if i'm wrong).

A good build you can check out is Fuumantroop's, he trimmed down a lot of his armor pieces to better fit his form (looks like he might be your height).

This link is where he started working on his ab buttons, I myself went the screw on buttons:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28115-fuumantroops-am-armor-build/page-13

He's a really cool guy, feel free to pm him or myself if you want more help on your armor.

I like the new back plate!  :duim:

Awesome suggestions by all of you, and I appreciate it!  (Keep em' coming)!  To address a few....

1.  Shoulder straps-  Should be able to trim these, but the AM chest plate has a strange angle on the shoulder, and not much of a flat gluing surface.

2.  Thighs-  The backs are as close as I could get them.  The fronts don't leave me a lot of room for trimming either, maybe 1/2 an inch.  Not sure on this one. .

3.  Forearms-  How much can I safely trim the top return edge?  I thought the one with the "scoop" went on the left, but I noticed that a lot of builds have added it to the right as well.

4.  Shins riding high-  I never thought of trimming down the bottom, GREAT idea, Tino!

5.  Ab plate buttons-  It came this way pre-trimmed, but not attached.  I assumed it was the correct dimensions, but can remove it and make it thinner.  .

Again, thanks for taking the time to help out... it means a lot.  Any more ideas or comments will be appreciated!