Do I need to reinforce my helmet where the mic tips mount?

The insets in the helmet where the mic tips mount is very thin on my helmet.  It's understandable since the plastic has to be extruded so much.  Do these areas need to be reinforced from behind with extra plastic? Thanks for any and all replies.

Not really. Use a nice big washer behind the ABS in the inside, or a rounded piece of ABS so the bolt/nut won't break through in any case.

The tips are recessed so generally do not see any stress or tweaking so reinforcing is not really needed. (My opinion)

I guess it's not necessary- but I cut a small square from an old t-shirt and doused in in superglue and laid it on the inside of the helmet / mic tip area. Just for simple extra reinforcement. Worked well for my peace of mind

• Like 1

That would really depend on your helmet. On mine, one side was fine, the other side was so thin I felt like I could put me thumb nail right through it. I ended up reinforcing both for symmetry.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29170-tk-31415-requesting-anh-hero-han-solo-eib-status-ata418/#entry371299

Sent from my iTricorder using Tapatalk

You can also try blutak too. I've never had this problem thankfully. Superglue impregnated t-shirt I have seen in other areas and seems to hold up, though some swear more by E6000.

This is what I did on my "display" bucket. I could have done a better job at making them a bit smaller. But, I had already superglued them.

iy8x8iU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They say that part becomes the thinnest in the vac forming process. I used that blue loctite stuff a couple posts up. That stuff gets so hard that I was able to drill straight through it and attach the mic tips withot the need for washers. It was over an inch thick inside after I applied it. Maybe  Iwent overboard but nothing short of a blw from a hammer is going to break it!