IMG_4633_zpsdhp9kjdb.jpg

IMG_4635_zpse7cejbvb.jpg

IMG_4636_zpsqvnxgz66.jpg

IMG_4637_zpsunakjcur.jpg

IMG_4658_zpsyjy2wwsd.jpg

IMG_4659_zpstamwz64z.jpg

IMG_4660_zpszzootsci.jpg
  • Like 1

Hey Clark! Thank you for your application for Centurion and the chance to view the always appealing RS suit. So let's get to it.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:
All required submission photos to review have been posted. The main points of the CRL have been demonstrated on your build. However, on rare occasion, there is a situation where there is a detail that is present on the applicant's armor that was historically never present on the original suits and as a result, a correction was asked to be made. There are two on your armor. The first and easiest one is the white paint on your crotch hardware. This needs to be removed.
The second are the left side ab/kidney rivets.
This is one of the most referenced photos from our own gallery of the rivet placements:post-12041-0-37922400-1425739233_thumb.jpg
If the side rivets are not perfectly placed from top to bottom, but evenly placed across from each other to maintain a balanced and consistent look to the armor, it would be acceptable. I believe that on your AB, you nailed the locations. Unless it has changed, RS has dimples on the ab side of the seam to mark the rivet locations so it is pretty hard to make a mistake there. The kidney rivets are then just placed directly across from them. This is your side as it appeared in the application. I marked with a red circle the approximate location of the top rivet and the middle rivet is not even present.post-12041-0-40378700-1425690194_thumb.jpg I re-did the picture with the kidney rivets as they should be across from the ab ones.post-12041-0-87989600-1425690413_thumb.jpg
Your armor is incredible on so many levels. These adjustments will make the package complete and the Centurion badge yours.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll clean the paint off the crotch rivets, I'll pick up a new kidney piece from RS next week and get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You could fill those holes with some paste and then polish, you could barely see it after you were done if you wanted to save the piece.  

Clarkee, Take a look at my Centurion Submission (posted last night) I had to do exactly what Scott described here.  It would save you some money on a new piece of armor.  It wasn't difficult really (I'd never used ABS paste before) just a little bit of trial and error on some "extra" ABS parts that I used for a practice run before actually doing it to the armor.  

If you'd like any tips or have any questions about my recent experience with it, just pm me - I haven't updated my build thread with that work, but will relatively soon.

• Like 1

If you'd like any tips or have any questions about my recent experience with it, just pm me - I haven't updated my build thread with that work, but will relatively soon.

Thanks, man. I actually picked up a new kidney piece yesterday, I'll be fitting it later.

I'm going to try to salvage the old piece as a test for future repairs.

That was quick!! Good luck. If you've got questions about that process just for the sake of learning it, hit me up. ;)

I live 40 minutes from RS' workshop.

Which is great for me, not so much for them as I'm always pestering them!

• Like 1

So, here are the changes to the armour.

New kidney piece in place with rivets now aligned;

202F0663-8BD4-4C06-9D58-57EEFAF34174_zps

Paint removed from cod;

E0FFDB69-D8E4-4509-A2CE-1A2C107E131B_zps

Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Make sure you get the paint off of the snaps on the butt plate for the cod connection as well! ;)

Forgot about that pic!

572041DB-14DC-4FC4-9E2D-E06266F2B8BB_zps

• Like 3

That's the ticket, Andrew!! Thanks for getting this done SO fast. I guess it pays to live close to the source!!!  Congratulations on this great, officially Centurion armor!!

If you felt up to it, that same side has just a tad extra material that could be removed eventually. If you are a thinner guy and want to snug it up a bit, the red lines are my suggestions to what could be trimmed.post-12041-0-82116700-1426105454_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations!!!

WOO HOO!

thanks, matey!

I'll add that to my list of tweaks!

It's always a work in progress.