E 11 power cylinder area... Help!

Hi!  I am about to embark on my DD build, and have done loads of research, but I have a huge question if I may....  Let me preface it by adding that all the build I have looked at are GREAT, but the main difference seems to be the power cylinder area.  Some have the curly wires, some have no wires, some have cloth coated wires, et al.  I intend on doing a serious mod, but want to do it the "right", (canon) way, in hopes of Centurion status way down the road.  (I am going for ANH stunt if this helps).   I haven't even received the kit yet, but have made about 10 custom pieces already and taken 27 pages of notes.  This is going to be a long haul, but should be fun and well worth the effort!  Any and all information (especially pics) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again!!  Joseph

Okay, I think you have found this one:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/17306-e-11-power-cylinders-research-thread-renamed-from-3-central-fuses/

by PlayfulWolfCub. His insight is extraordinaire concerning the power cylinders. In the thread you'll find the answer about the cloth wires (look for the member T-Jay, he sells this special wire)
General rule of thumb is, if the blasters have the power cylinders, they also have the cloth coated wire (because that is the only place where you'll find them).

The curly wires from two of the three tips of the hengstler counter to the power cylinders are considered canon, but are not necessary as there were too few blasters sporting them. You can add them, of course, it's up to your liking (But I have the Impression, that it is considered posh ... ;)). Best are cables from old electric razors, three curls, not more.

Don't be too confused when you find contradicting information. Very few of the blasters were alike. In the movie you'll even find blasters without the counter or the cylinders ...

If you are unsure about what the "must-haves" of a blaster are, I think you'll find some info in the CRLs ...

On 1/4/2015 at 12:32 AM, justjoseph63 said:

I haven't even received the kit yet, but have made about 10 custom pieces already and taken 27 pages of notes.

This is going to be a long haul, but should be fun and well worth the effort!

Any and all information (especially pics) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again!!  Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Read the two research papers by PlayfulWolfCub.  You won't find better information. 

Then, just start trying things.  Sounds like you've already made a few pieces - maybe post some pictures for feedback?

Making power cylinders is trickier than it seems because of the scale...they're SO small that any error becomes immediately obvious.

Making them correctly involves measurements down to fractions of millimeters.

I've said it many times - the price Andy is charging is a BARGIN for the amount of precision work involved.

I've made several sets (some with errors to help figure out the dimensions).

I figured it takes me somewhere around 16 hours of work to make one complete set...

And that's if I have ALL the materials readily available - also I've never done the screen accurate tin coating Andy supplies.

Here are a couple pictures of a brass set I made next to Andy's metal and resin versions:

-----------

Have fun, good luck and be prepared for frustration!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

PERFECT information, and exactly what I needed!  PlayFulWolfCub's build is phenomenal, and that is the main one I am working from.  I did not realize that there were transistors(?) beneath the back.  Any idea of the size/type those are?  Thanks again, you guys ROCK!  Joseph