The 12 Steps of Costuming

Darth Aloha

I recently accused costuming nutbar David Ramsey (TrooperPX on FISD) of being the "poster child for a costume 12 step program."

His (hilarious) response:

"12 Steps" - by DZ-9215, 01012015

1. We admitted we were powerless over costuming - that our workspace had become unmanageable.
  2. Came to believe that a Force greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of The Maker as we understood his franchise.
  4. Made a searching and fearless physical inventory of our costume repertoire.
  5. Admitted to the Legion, to ourselves, and to other costume groups the exact nature of our compulsion.
  6. Were entirely ready to have PayPal add to all these defects of character.
  7. Humbly asked JoAnn to restock our fabric shortages.
  8. Made a list of all persons we had helped, and became willing to make mends to their kits when needed.
  9. Made direct mends to such costumes wherever possible, especially when to do so would improve their kit for photos.
  10. Continued to take physical inventory, and when we were short in a costume theme, promptly filled it.
  11. Sought through planning and consumerism to improve our conscious contract with The Maker’s licensed property as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of The Mouse’s will for us and the power to carry that out before it’s retconned.
  12. Having had a social awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to costumeoholics, and to practice these principles in all our troops.

I drooped with David and his wife Kimberly at two cons and third two day event this year. Every time I turned around the two of them were in a different Star Wars costume. They must spend a mint on Legion trading cards. 

-Eric

• Like 2

11.  Sought through planning and consumerism to improve our conscious contract with The Maker’s licensed property as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of The Mouse’s will for us and the power to carry that out before it’s retconned.

I was amused right up until I read this one.  Then I laughed out loud.  ROFL....

Great stuff, indeed!

My wife does not yet understand this compulsion fully, but I'm already (internally) planning my next two to three builds...  LoL

Too true, and as with Tim, my wife just doesn't understand the why.

I also have a couple of other costumes in the mental planning stage, but the difficulty will be in the financial funding stage, this goes back to the wife and the Why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk