Stormtrooper code for allowing women to wear your bucket?

Polar

I know most of yall dont know me, if any but I need to vent and this place seems appropriate. This past week a good friend of mine took his life, left us friends and family in complete devastation. That being said I have been a little edgy. pat was his name, he lived close by, we fished, hunted, drank, partied, came to my wedding, punched out another friend of mine at my bachelor party lol. just one of the guys. Well with his passing, he was an upstanding member of many forums we were on together, for many years. Im talking 12 plus. His services were saturday and many people were coming in from all over the state and country to pay their respects. Friday night I get a call that some friends,some I have never met, but have interacted over the past 10 years were going to meet up for drinks and wanted me to come. She was in no mood and gave her blessings for me to go, and I did. I also got dared to show up to this joint in costume( 1. Im not done with it so thats a no go, and 2. all these guys do is rag on me for it ) But to save face, I did bring the buckets to this bar. It was a good time, I walked in with one on, and the other one in hand. My friends were impressed to hear the amount of work and detail that goes into building this and actually apologized for giving me such a hard time about it. 

Now here is the problem. One of the waitresses, actually ALL of them were in total awe of the helmets. They wanted to try them on, we took pics etc. The owner even paid for a round of shots and drinks as he has a Vader costume he wears. Is it some sorta trooper code to not allow a women to try your bucket on? Im serious cause the hell Im catching for this is ridiculous. Now my building this is called just a " fetish" to get women to wear my helmet. I am beyond pissed. I have never done anything detrimental nor would I, and now I am even sickened to want to finish it, and Im 90% there.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. 

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

I don't like people wearing my bucket for a couple reasons:

- they don't grasp how much time and money goes into it and typically rough handle it.

- the damn thing has had my sweaty head in it for hours on end. To me that's like someone wanting to try out your mouth guard.

- My bucket is AP and typically too small for the average cranium (so it seems).

Sounds like you have a bunch of closed minded people giving you a hard time. If you feel it's worth it you can explain or show them the good that the Legion does for charities around the world. If not then do your best to disregard the 'haters'.

I also wish all involved the best in a very sad time. Deepest sympathy

Code? Huh? I refer you to this thread- if your friends are judging you as to why we do this. If they are mocking you- then maybe they aren't the best of people to judge -

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/29348-Epic-photo

Also noticed that you posted the question "are we weird?" In a thread back in early November. I think some of the replies there were spot on to answer your concern

Brian first thing, I am sorry for the situation that you find yourself dealing with.  The loss of a friend or loved one is never easy, and suicide only compounds things exponentially.  There are those who say that it is a "victimless crime" but I challenge those people to go and discuss that with the friends and loved ones of a suicide victim.  I pray that you and the others affected by his passing find strength to deal with it and are able to remember and hold onto what drew you to him in the first place.

As for the bucket issue...  Yeah, Eric, Andrea, and Ty all touched on things that I was going to say.  I'm not aware of a code of any kind.  I personally don't let strangers handle my armor/bucket at all outside of a potential table set-up environment.  But I certainly (and personally) wouldn't bring my bucket to an alcohol fueled environment that was not specifically a Legion/Garrison sort of function to begin with.  As Andrea said, the public at large or worse, the people that like to give you a hard time about it don't understand or care about the amount of work, money, time etc that you've put into it, and they won't take care of it in the same way that you yourself (or another Legion member) would do.

Remember why you've set upon this path, be mindful of the amount of yourself that you've invested in your armor at this point in time, that includes those same things I mentioned earlier, money, hands-on time, research time, blood, sweat, tears, emotional investment, etc.  When you talk about stopping at 90% complete, remember what you have when you come here to FISD.  We all understand what's going on, and why you're doing it, and we know the type of impact that yo'ure going to have on your community once you've completed it and joined the Legion.

Hang in there, Brian. 

Sorry for your loss.. Am I reading this as your significant other is giving you a hard time about the girls and the helmet? She is claiming that you're only doing this entire star wars thing as "just a " fetish" to get women to wear my (your) helmet"... if that's the case, then that's a much bigger problem than your friends ribbing you for it.

I know most of yall dont know me, if any but I need to vent and this place seems appropriate. This past week a good friend of mine took his life, left us friends and family in complete devastation. That being said I have been a little edgy. pat was his name, he lived close by, we fished, hunted, drank, partied, came to my wedding, punched out another friend of mine at my bachelor party lol. just one of the guys. Well with his passing, he was an upstanding member of many forums we were on together, for many years. Im talking 12 plus. His services were saturday and many people were coming in from all over the state and country to pay their respects. Friday night I get a call that some friends,some I have never met, but have interacted over the past 10 years were going to meet up for drinks and wanted me to come. She was in no mood and gave her blessings for me to go, and I did. I also got dared to show up to this joint in costume( 1. Im not done with it so thats a no go, and 2. all these guys do is rag on me for it ) But to save face, I did bring the buckets to this bar. It was a good time, I walked in with one on, and the other one in hand. My friends were impressed to hear the amount of work and detail that goes into building this and actually apologized for giving me such a hard time about it. 

Now here is the problem. One of the waitresses, actually ALL of them were in total awe of the helmets. They wanted to try them on, we took pics etc. The owner even paid for a round of shots and drinks as he has a Vader costume he wears. Is it some sorta trooper code to not allow a women to try your bucket on? Im serious cause the hell Im catching for this is ridiculous. Now my building this is called just a " fetish" to get women to wear my helmet. I am beyond pissed. I have never done anything detrimental nor would I, and now I am even sickened to want to finish it, and Im 90% there.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. 

Brian, I wish you could see the situation as most people here do after your description...

First, even though you know these people gave you a hard time about the costuming gig, you brought your helmets to a bar, which means they are important enough to you that you are proud of them... Good on you, you should be.

Second, your friends should THANK the shizz out of you. You bringing them discovered another costumer who owns the BAR! Who gave you a free round and if you go there in the future is likely to remember you, and you alone, your friends are now beholding to you because you know the owner of the bar. I suggest you go back often to this bar and get to know the owner better. Being friends with a bar owner is never a bad thing.

Third... if women want to wear your helmets and you are ok with it, let em. Maybe if your girlfriend or wife (if you have one) doesn't like it, that is another case. As far as your friends and others are concerned, they are straight jealous. They got more action from women because of you then they ever have in a bar.

The long and short... it is your stuff, do with it as you like. There is no code, there is no rule. It is yours, do as you want, and enjoy it.

Edited by Dday

thanks for the replies! Im not really too concerned about my friends, as most were impressed and to find out one of them that gives me the most grief just got a 3d printer and wants to see my kit now( I told him not no, but hell no) I guess the wife has some issues I was un aware of. Last night she told me she will support me on this no matter what as it is important to me. Wants to help out at troops and I intercepted a message to a friend that she is inquiring about a costume for herself so she can be a part of this. We shall see. 

My code is only hot chicks can wear my helmet for a pic ! Either at cons or bars. I usually take my display helmet vs my trooping one out with me. Ppl will always give you grief on what you do until they see pics of you doing charitable events and then view it diff. When I first joined my family thought I was crazy and needed psych help but then realized how happy it makes me to make other happy and for a small amount of time make them forget about what illness they have or how crappy their day is. Id say my fav place to take my helmet is a strip club the girls go crazy but that's just my 2cents

• Like 1

My code is only hot chicks can wear my helmet for a pic ! Either at cons or bars. I usually take my display helmet vs my trooping one out with me. Ppl will always give you grief on what you do until they see pics of you doing charitable events and then view it diff. When I first joined my family thought I was crazy and needed psych help but then realized how happy it makes me to make other happy and for a small amount of time make them forget about what illness they have or how crappy their day is. Id say my fav place to take my helmet is a strip club the girls go crazy but that's just my 2cents

/facepalm