Vette11's DD E-11 build

Vette11

The small brown box arrived today, in very good shape. I was a kid on Christmas morning. My daughters, 9 & 8 came running up with it saying "daddy, daddy your gun arrived today!

I would like to thank several fellow troopers for their build threads. I have read and reviewed them thoroughly and will be using them as inspiration. So thanks to Dark CMF, dm101, Evil boy, OsoTheBear, Sorenm and simpixels.

I was very surprised at the sizes of the pieces. I thought they would be much bigger. It scared me a little bit when I realized I was going to have to modify these pieces. That didn't last very long as I was eager to begin and jumped right in.

Just a quick note. I am a noobie to this so mistakes will be made. Any input is greatly appreciated from everyone. I am a husband and father of 2, so I won't be able to do very much at one time so patience is appreciated. With that said here was my progress today!post-21979-0-80847200-1417048887_thumb.jpgpost-21979-0-98228200-1417048900_thumb.jpgpost-21979-0-80847200-1417048887_thumb.jpg

post-21979-0-21298400-1417048921_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes you are  :) . Are you using photobucket or something like that? That's the easiest way. It might also be beneficial to try to take some clearer photos too. It's a bit hard to see any detail there which will reduce any feedback (positive, of constructive) that we could offer.

Some photos taken on phones can rotate the image, sometimes you have to edit them first.

Love a big brown box, looking forward to the progress

thanks for the replies. Sith Lord. I have them on photo bucket but I can't figure out how to get them on this post. Could you tell me how to do that? You can pm me if you want. Thanks for any help you provide.

Gmrhodes13 - unfortunately I am doing all my posting on an iPad so I don't know if the quality will get any better but I will try. I made good progress today but can't get the pics up

Good luck with your build. Just keep reminding yourself to have fun and mistakes happen but its part of the challenge. If you plan on building the kit without too many modifications then I think it should be fairly straight forward. Make sure to reference real sterling pics to get the parts glued on correctly. There are a number of really cool e-11 builds to check out and refer to (too many to list)  There are plenty of FISD members always happy to provide sound advice and answer any questions you have. 

Are you using Photobucket to post photos? 

Hey Dustin. Getting them on photobucket is the hard part. Check this thread for some info.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/5-howto-post-images-on-the-forums/

I do it a little differently, however, Once you're viewing the image in your Library, I left click the IMG box. It flashes up "copied", then I right click, paste into the thread I'm replying to. It inserts the URL. Done.

Hi Dustin. This is how I get my photos on this forum. 

Step 1: In Photobucket open up the image you wish to post. Click or copy the entire DIRECT link address seen in the right-hand menu.

ScreenShot2014-11-27at125657PM_zps003f36b0.png

Step 2: Next go back to your topic or reply box and look for the IMG icon which I circled in red.

ScreenShot2014-11-27at10159PM_zpsfffd63d2.png

Step 3: When the IMG  URL box opens up, paste the DIRECT link address you copied from your Photobucket album.

ScreenShot2014-11-27at10611PM_zpsfa8fd3e4.png

Your image should appear in your post. You can cut and move it too if needed in that post. Or add it again.

Re-sizing, cropping , editing can be done in photobucket before you link the photo. 

Best advice to keep your photos from unlinking is to create a specific album in Photobucket for whatever topic you plan on posting, For example, any Doopy E-11 pics I have are put in an album just for that build. If I move the photos out of that album or even re-title the album, the link is broken and your photos will no longer be viewable on this forum. Takes a while to get used to. I might be doing this all wrong but it works for me  so I am sticking with this until it fails.

Thanks for checking out my E-11 build. Hope you are getting some ideas for your build, but I must warn you, once you start down the dark path of modification, forever you build will remain unfinished...like mine!

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

Off to a good, clean start!! ;)

Brian is absolutely right about the modifications. LoL... One leads to another, and another, and another... You've seen it. LoL

ok, I am really new at this and have been having difficulty getting my pics from photobucket.  thanks to Brian I think I can get them over but they are big and I can't write anything with them so I will describe the pics and then post them.

these pics are of the barrel being drilled out.  the muzzle has been drilled.  when I drilled the holes for the hex head screws the epoxy chipped badly on the left side.  it has since been repaired with jd weld and all it needs is some sanding.  the last is of the holes on the barrel being drilled out.

when I examined the pieces of the blaster there were only 3 areas that will need attention.  the first one I will show is the front sight.  it had an air pocket in the sight post that will need to be filled and sanded before I can drill the hole for my sight.  I have drilled out both sides and put the notch in the bottom of each side. Since these pictures were taken I decided to go down a little further on each side and I am still not happy with it and may try to clean it up a little more. 

Glad you can get the pics up. The size looks fine, easier to see the details.

Try clicking the cursor after the photo and see if you get a blinking text cursor, if so just hit return and you should be able to add text underneath the photo. 

I usually add some text, hit return twice to make some space and then add my photo and then hit return twice again between texts and photos. It is strange if it doesn't allow you to add both in one reply box. But no worries, your posts are now up with photos and descriptions, good start! 

Your build is looking good too. Drilling those receiver holes can be a scary first time experience especially if the drill bit gets jammed and starts chipping away the edges, But from the looks of your receiver holes, you did a great job. Hex bolt looks nice and snug in the grip too. The nozzle holes are tough to drill without some chipping.

The front sight on the Doopy kit is a tough one since the details are so muddled. Looks good how you filed out the line at the base. Just patch up the air hole like you mentioned and use some small metal files to clean up the lines. 

Keep up the great work!

Edited by Bulldog44

Update. Lord Vader stopped by and let me know he was most displeased with my apparent lack of progress and threatened to find new ways to motivate me. More work was done today. I will try to post more pictures today or tomorrow at the lunch hour.

I do have some questions for you all:

I found a gray sprinkler riser pipe that will work as my inner barrel. Do I have to paint it black? If so, do I have to paint the whole pipe and then insert it? or can I just paint it when I paint the whole blaster, and only the parts that are visible would then be black?

The pipe is 18 inches long and fits the barrel perfectly. However, do I have to cut the pipe to get the spring in the barrel or does the spring just go around the inner barrel? I don't see how, if you put the spring around the inner barrel, it will fit at all. If the inner barrel is cut, what is the length you cut it? I am thinking it would be in half or at the 9 inch mark. Comments or suggestions? Please, I am getting to the point of needing input so any help you all can provide would be great. Thanks in advance.

More photos of progress coming soon.