Vette11's DD E-11 build

Vette11

Thanks for the info Andy. Unfortunately I am a little short to be Han...lol. I have indeed fixed the cylinders, the magazine and filled in some gaps that became apparent once the 1st coat of paint went on. Photos will hopefully be up on monday.

Ok Tuesday. lol  I was able to get the mag out of the mag well with no damage.  you can see in the photos where the paint stops.  I cut just a little below that line and it fits almost perfectly, notice I said almost but I am happy with it.  the third pic is the mag reinserted into the well.  that is my youngest daughter holding the blaster so I could get a good picture of itimagejpg1-4.jpgimagejpg2-3.jpgimagejpg4-3.jpg

This is a pic of the mag back into the well and the cylinders being glued back on.  this fix gave me a chance to adjust the cylinders and make them align with the barrel.  I am very pleased with how they came out. imagejpg5-3.jpg

now onto watching paint dry.  the first stage was to paint a base coat of silver for future weathering. the second step was painting the blaster with rustoleum hammered black finish. in doing so I taped off the power cylinders, the magazine and the handle.  those will be getting a coat of flat black later.  I did not tape off the sights or the t tracks b/c I figured that if they were welded to the barrel then they would look the same as the barrel and since this is a blaster we are talking about would probably get as hot as the barrel. imagejpg12-2.jpgimagejpg10-1.jpgimagejpg11-2.jpgimagejpg16-2.jpgimagejpg15-2.jpgimagejpg14-2.jpg

imagejpg17-2.jpgafter applying 2 imagejpg21-1.jpgimagejpg20-1.jpgimagejpg22-2.jpgimagejpg19-2.jpgor 3 coats and letting it dry for 48 hours the tape was removed and the barrel was taped up so that the handle, trigger, charge bolt handle, and trigger guard could be painted with a flat black/  I like the color of the hammered black but haven't decided if it is too shiny or not.  I want to compare it to the handle and make a decision then.  if I decide it is too shiny then I will hit the whole thing with another coat of the flat black

Well that is where I am at for the moment.  The Flat black was painted about an hour ago and I will wait for 24 hours and then hit them again for a 2nd coat.  then they will dry for 48 hours and then I think I can assemble most of the pieces and see how it all looks together.   you may have noticed the conspicuous abscense of the scope and H counter.  I have already mentioned that I will not be doing anything to the scope.  As for the Counter,  I am still trying to decide on the numbers and how I want them to appear.  Since that is a modification unto itself I will be taking my time with it.  I will be paying for my armor in January so I am looking forward to starting and sharing that build with you.  I also became a member of the 501st Fl. Garrison so I am looking forward to meeting up with some of them for pointers. more pics will be posted once I have the basics put together.  Thanks for following along

Edited by vette11