Huge Kudos To Scott M.

Trooper Jerry

First off I want to say I had a great time participating in the parade. It was my first troop and you all made me feel welcome and a part of the group.

But as the topic says, I want to give a huge THANK YOU! to Mile High Squad Leader Scott M. Not only did he let me come to his house last Wednesday to help me with my armor, but after the parade my family and I were heading up 25 and we got a flat tire. We called AAA and they were going to send a tow truck to take us to the nearest tire store, but they weren't going to allow my 16 month daughter Ronni ride in the tow truck. Infant seat, liability...etc. Well just as we were trying to get ahold of one of my sons, Scott M. and Lenny pulled up. Turns out Scott's wife Melissa (special thanks to her too), saw us on the side of the road and phoned Scott and told him we may need help. He found us and was willing to wait with for us for the wrecker, and allowed us to put Ronni in his SUV. Once the tow arrived he drove me and my daughters to the Discount Tire and made sure we were all okay.

And then he calls me this morning to check on me again, making sure that everything turned out alright.

THANK YOU SCOTT! THANK YOU MELISSA! You've all made me feel like me and my family were a part of this fantastic group known as the 501st.

And also a special thanks to "Darth Dave" for looking for a volunteer Trooper to be the driver of the landspeeder. Thanks Dave, you knew I was having armor issues and let me do that.

THANK YOU ALL! It is great to be a part of this "Family"

Can't wait till Starfest.

Woo-hoo, way to go Scott & Melissa! Very nice of you to take care of a fellow trooper. :engel:

I hope you had a good time trooping, Jerry, even with the unplanned deviation. I hope things are going fine now and that Ronni enjoyed her SUV excursion. ;)

We already know that Scott rocks. But thank you for posting nonetheless. I have a couple of similar stories in regaurds to Legion members going above and beyond. Makes me very proud to be part of all you righteous dudes. I like it here:)

Way to go Scott.

OK, OK, OK. :blush:

I truly appreciate Jerry's comments, and I am glad it all worked out, but this is not something that I feel any other trooper brother would not also do in a heartbeat. I was simply blessed to be int he right place at the right time, but I truly do not think it is anything to get too excited about. I am sure if it had been me on the side of the road, any of you would have stopped and done the same thing.

Thanks, for the kind words, but they truly are not necessary.

Agreed - Scott this is one of those above and beyonds that helps transform the 501st from something more than just a regular costuming club.

Bucket's off - salute! :salute:

i'd also like to big up scott, within half an hour of joining this forum and posting a request about needing a thermal detonator he pm'ed me to say he had a spare one all built up and sold it to me for what seemed like pennies. Cheers scott, thanks to you i'm a step closer to completing my armour.

Hey there!

MRS. TK-9399 here.

I just HAVE to toss in my two cents. (badger him later. LOL I hijacked the computer)

Scott, you rock. Period.

My Trooper got his first set of armour BEFORE StarFest last year. After several phone calls, and many emails, that is all we had. A set of armour. I am not going to toss out a name flag, but he had been told that he would be helped and taken care of. Nothing.

It was pretty depressing watching him look at the armour and wanting to be a trooper, yet feel like it was a clique like in high school.

When he finally got to posting on the site... it was a matter of a DAY before someone got him the help that he needed to get squared away and stepping out like a 501st. Scott you have no idea of the man that you sent home last week. I have not seen him that happy and excited about anything in a LONG LONG time.

The rest of you guys that welcomed him... Darth Dave... I hear your name mentioned too, thank you for taking care of a trooper that could have had a really bad first day. (as it is I want him to post the pictures of the battle wounds... those bruises are kickin!) MonCal, you got the ball rolling...THANK YOU!

There are others, thank you all!! And as he gets to know you guys, you will get to know one of the sweetest StarWars Historians (super geek genius) out there. This has been something he has wanted to do for ages, and now you guys are not only welcoming him as a trooper, but as a brother geek. THAT means something.

I have to also give Scott and Melissa kudos (THANK YOU !!!) for stopping to assist. In this day and age of hustle and bustle. Everyone being too busy with their own stuff to bother much with others...the mind your own business attitudes of many... we DO appreciate you stopping to help. I have seen all too many times on the road people speeding on by as someone is trying to handle a breakdown, or flat tire.

If THIS is the 501st... I am baking brownies for everybody! Let me know how many trays to bring to StarFest. LOL No worries Scott I got you covered too!!!