My Sterling E-11 Conversion thread

R4ZORBL4DE

The rear sight should fold down.  It might be stuck.  Push forward on it.  The idea is to be able to change ranging with two different size sight holes.

The rear of the scope rail should not be bent - just a narrow tab sticking straight back to fit between the sides of the rear sight.  What you have right now looks good, but it's way too high.

If the rear of the scope rail shouldnt be bent .. how does it stay in place?

Ive read thru threads and have seen many done .. also looked at reference photos and Ive seen them elevated and even place directly on top of the receiver in screen caps.

Anyway, please describe how it stays in place if it is just a notch and not bent and I can modify what I have here.

Thanks !

On 10/18/2014 at 1:27 PM, R4ZORBL4DE said:

Here is my V2.0 :

IMG_20141017_231721612.jpg

Much better!  I've seen several different rail variations; some about the same as yours, some lower.  Look at many screen shots.  For my final version, I made the front slightly lower than the rear.  A lot of times, I think the rail height is based on the hardware used to attach the scope.  I used low profile allen head bolts to attach my scope because I thought regular sized allen head bolts looked too tall.  Low profile are almost impossible to find at a hardware store - I ended up ordering nearly all my blaster hardware from McMaster-Carr.

Nice work carving out that rail!  It's tough with aluminum - even tougher with steel!

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does it feel different holdin the real thing compared to resin? I feel like there would be some kinda magic just holding it haha. 

Well, it is different in respect to, you are holding a real gun opposed to a Resin or High Density foam molded one.

There is a 6lb difference between my Sterling and my Hyperfirm E-11 but, I will tell you, other Troopers drool when I bring the real deal. ..  :D

There is 100% a difference between the resin and real versions of this. The real version isn't much for trooping based on how flat out heavy it is to hang onto for hours at a time, but respect wise.... you can't beat it.

Just don't show off your operational mods when the authorities are around. They on't take kindly to a working bolt and trigger mechanism.  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

There is 100% a difference between the resin and real versions of this. The real version isn't much for trooping based on how flat out heavy it is to hang onto for hours at a time, but respect wise.... you can't beat it.

Just don't show off your operational mods when the authorities are around. They on't take kindly to a working bolt and trigger mechanism. :smiley-sw013:

Definitely not for an all day troop but, is awesome for a photo op !

But... It is the real deal !

Does it feel different holdin the real thing compared to resin? I feel like there would be some kinda magic just holding it haha. 

As others have said it feels indeed a big difference between the resin and the real thing. The closest to the real thing would be the Master Replicas E-11.