adjusted sds battle spec face plate

repositioned the faceplate tonight. I was looking for more, even whitespace below the brow, and a corrected angle relationship between the face and forehead. always bugged me that the nose looked cocked back and out of alignment with the forehead...

I modeled it after the dude on the left:

geEFVJz.png

before:

CVvIaHO.jpg

YN1SwAg.jpg

HItg5EJ.jpg

after:

I03Hj1b.jpg

Dz6OkaE.jpg

NmMh722.jpg

I realize it will never be perfect, but I figured I could always go back to the other drill holes =).

Contemplating curving the bottom of the eyelids...I'm afraid to trim em into an arc though...no going back on that one

have you also tried re-positioning the faceplate back into the back n' cap a little? that aslo add's a lot to these lid's.

not yet...good point. I left the bottom screws attached and simply tilted the face forward. i'll see how this suits me and definitely consider further tweaks.

every day I look at it and see something I want to tweak...I think I need a therapist.

• 2 weeks later...

one last tweak (yah right who am i kidding)

trimmed the undersides of the eyelids...from a straight line to a curve. Me thinks I'm done.

9ihq8Sj.jpg

7xRKsag.jpg

It's like magic!

battlespec.gif

TK1491 said:

LOL! well said!

photoshopped for comparison =) me on the right...about to get clubbed over the head!

A picture's worth 1000 words - fantastic :pint1: