Inside of bucket construction methods?

Seems there is no right or wrong method of padding, electronics, rigging inside the TK bucket. I saw the tutorials on placing a hard hat rig inside the bucket, but i was told it was difficult and not that great. I also saw someone post purchasing motorcycle helmet padding and velcroing that in. I of course have seen the flower shaped foam insert for the top of the head. I also plan to build in an Echo fan system and icom/speaker into it.

Any suggestions on best methods folks have run into?

Thanks,

Inquisitot785

Jim

I made a frame for the ring of a hard hat. I bolted it to the earcap screws. Its all painted black now.

I like that I have some air circulation around my head.

mm721u8.jpg

d02bPVe.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I went with full faced motorcycle helmet padding inside. It is velcroed in. It looks great inside and fits wonderfully. I would only recommend it if you have a lot of room inside (a small head or large helmet) as it doesn't leave a bunch of room after installation.

I just cut out a leaf of foam for the top, which is held in place with 2 inch blocks of foam next to my ears, they are held with Velcro so I can take all the foam out and wash.

I have fans next to my hovis, running on a battery pack from an RC car which last all through a troop.

It is a good idea to leave as much air flow space in you helmet as you can, trust me , it gets stuffy in there after a while specially in the warmer months.

I stuck cubes of foam in with Velcro so they can be removed for cleaning the inside of the helmet easily. They hold it on my head in the right place, allow air to circulate better, both with the fans on and off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk