TK-42430 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [NE][402]

Thank you very much Steve! What a world this would be if TK builds we're making local news! :)

I know you want those snaps and rivet to be on my armo, and I do promise I will get them there. After a year, I was just done with this build. :) Yes, I believe I will cut the sniper down. I have felt some rubbing there and hopefully that is the spot it's coming from.

I had been seeing other NE builds with no mention of modifying the pipe for a shorter length. I'm pretty sure I was at the 7 1/2 in mark from end cap to end cap, but I will absolutely check when I get home ( currently on a weekend vacation in SLC). If it is too long, that will be the first change I make. I'll figure out how to cut that pipe!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and following my build. It was a crazy year and gave me much more confidence in my ability to take on a project like this again!

I got home this evening and measured my TD.  From end-cap to end-cap, it is 196mm.  That's 7.72 inches.   That makes it over by just under .22 inches.  

However, the gaps between the control panel and the end-caps are certainly almost 1 inch.  I think my overall length is ok.  If I wanted to do this by the numbers, I would need to take .11 inches off of each end, or 2.8mm.  However, that would still only close the gap between the control panel and the end-cap to approx. .75 - .8 inches.  If I wanted to close that gap more, I would have to make my TD shorter than 7.5 inches end-cap to end-cap.  The control panel and end-caps shipped to me at the dimensions they currently are.  I'm not sure the best way to proceed with this.

It's fine if you brought the TD down to 7 1/4. Check all your dimensions on the parts: the control panel should be around 4 3/4 wide, the end caps 3/4 inch, and 1/2 inch gaps between the caps and panel = 7 1/4 total length.

Alright, figures time!

Control Panel - 4 7/16"

End Caps - 11/16" each

Gaps - 15/16" each

Tube length - 7 1/2"

Adding up my current lengths of pieces and gaps (minus tube length), I get 7 11/16".  When I measure end-cap to end-cap, I have 7 1/2".  I'm gaining 3/16" with the end-caps on, because of the thickness between the outer part of the end caps and the cuts that the tube fits into.

Here are the two options I see:

I can cut 1/8" from each side of my tube.  This gives me:

Gaps - 13/16" (1/16" over 3/4")

End-cap to end-cap length - 7 1/4"

I can cut 1/4" from each side of my tube.  This gives me:

Gaps - 11/16" (1/16" under 3/4")

End-cap to end-cap length - 7"

Neither option gets a 1/2" gap between end-cap and control panel.  The smallest gap I can get is 11/16", which makes my total TD length 7".  A 13/16" gap makes my TD 7 1/4" total length.

Just as long as the total length is in that 7 1/2 range you'll be cool.

You control panel and end caps are slightly smaller making an increased gap. Take a little off the total length of the pipe.

Alright, I'll go with taking 1/8" off each end of the pipe.  That will give me a total length of 7 1/4".  I think a 7" total length is too short.  It will certainly make the gap shorter and will improve the look.

Alright, I've trimmed down each side of the pipe, and ground down the ends of the clips to be more flat.  The gap between the end cap and the panel is about 3/4", and the total length from end-cap to end-cap is around 7 1/4:

AXwFSjJ.jpg?1

77hMPeI.jpg?1

Cq4QJ1o.jpg

Edited by maxsteele

Looks good. All I can suggest is put straight edges at the end of the clips.

I'm trying to. :)  I was filing and sanding those edges down for a bit today.  I'll have to keep working on them.

I'm trying to. :)  I was filing and sanding those edges down for a bit today.  I'll have to keep working on them.

Why couldn't they have used something easier in the movies :)

3rd image.....Hmmm 3D printing!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

• 1 month later...