finally got my armor.....help!

Hey Erick,

Looks like there's going to be quite a few of us on the same boat.  I believe we have v2.0 so it might be a little different from these.

Here's a helmet build

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26301-ne-helmet-build/

and here's some armor builds

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27514-cant-seem-to-find/

good luck fellow trooper.

Research is a big part of this hobby, there are so many builds on the forum, plenty will help you on your way

Congratulations Erick, on receiving your armor!

As mentioned above, research is key to doing this right!  Make sure you go to the build thread section, and post up a thread so that the community can help you along the way.  Good luck!!

Having just gone through my first build I would recommend a few things:

1) Watch all the Trooperbay videos. They aren't necessarily exactly what you will do, but they get you familiar with the process.

2) Read a lot of the sticky build threads on here. It's much more doable once you start to have a comfort level with all the parts.

3) Talk to your local garrison. Our guy Mike, TK-1636, was a huge help with some of the trickier confusing parts like where exactly a snap should go and things like that.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Edited by camprandall

Thanks for the advice!! will start the build this week with the help of a friend..i need to trim some parts....im  5'6 and this kit is made for bigger people  :mellow:

Edited by BRIZK

Congrats Erick. Yes do yourself a favor and read through a bunch of build threads. First you will need to figure out what armor type you want to build and then how you want to build it. For example, if you want to strap it the accurate way or use snaps and snap plates.

The trooperbay videos are an excellent resource. I also found Paul's "TM" build thread very useful. You will get comfortable more and more as you go. It probably won't be perfect. You will make mistakes. I just made one of my first noticeable mistake on my build lastnight that I haven't posted on my build thread yet. But they happen.

Again like everyone says, research research and more research

Good luck

Congrats on getting your armor. Take your time and trim less than you think you need to and work it to where you need it to be. And as everyone has been saying, research. It can be intimidating but once you get started, it'll be addicting! There is no shortage of help here!

Good luck!

Just a piece of casual advice...

Start with the forearms, move to the biceps, shoulders, shins, torso, thighs, and then the helmet.

Only reason I put that sequence is because the forearms are generally pretty simple. Moving through that sequence will help you get comfortable with the ABS, the tools, and the techniques that you'll be using when you finally get to the helmet which is the most complex part of the build, and probably has the least margin for error.

Just food for thought. ;)

• 2 months later...

Hey Erick,

Hope the build is going well.

I just got my kit yesterday from Trooper Gear also and unpacked everything.. a bit overwhelming.

I watched almost all the TrooperBay videos and a bunch of threads, and feel like I have a solid idea of what I need to do, but since you have the same kit, I was hoping you could give me some advice?

How did it go for you so far? Im also a skinny guy and the thighs and arms feel huge.

Any trimming suggestions?

Any help you could provide would be awesome great!

Thanks!