Death Trooper W.I.P. (ATA)

You're just about there, and it's looking good :)  One suggestion for you concerns the boots.  They seem too white compared to the shins.  Now that you have them all together maybe take a look to see if you can blend those more.

There are a few other parts besides just the boots that I know aren't consistent in color. I plan to further dirty up those parts before I submit an app.

Edited by Shel'la Tracinya

To do list:

- Attack the thermal detonator with the cutting wheel, improve weathering

- Remove bandages from left forearm (that was just a rush job for the con), apply cutting wheel to imitate the GG statue

- Hide Under Armor logo on my back

- Add rear coverstrip to right shin armor

- Improve weathering across all the armor pieces and boots

- Re-size thighs, forearms

- Properly strap upper torso and arms, replace suspender clips with snaps

- Convince my brother to pick up a camera again

Edited by Shel'la Tracinya

• 6 months later...

501st pre-application pics! I know there's still a couple things that need to be done, but let's see what you guys think!

11133735_10202845294493468_5712525973153

984303_10202845294893478_173225409051063

10690238_10202845295253487_1459294410604

18510_10202845295613496_6831554592402279

11136722_10202845296853527_4434727077735

11015111_10202845296573520_5892831429096

11138506_10202845297133534_1335068574275

Action shots:
20697_10202845296093508_7112302476105645

10372571_10202845298173560_6190775239268

11102809_10202845297773550_1510913605035

My next set of shots will be against a solid background with all the fixes applied.

Looks good to me.

It's a little hard to tell since the photographer was a little far away and you don't fill the frame.... but do you have shoulder bell elastic that goes around the bicep?

There are a handful events up in Maine coming up. 

When are you headed down this way next?

-Eric

Thanks! But no, I don't have elastic there. I've seen some troopers without it so I didn't think it was necessary for approval, but I've been thinking about throwing that on there to keep my arm armor from flopping around so much. I'll have that in for my next set of photos.

I've been pretty much out of the loop when it comes to upcoming events, but I'll be getting back into the forums to see what's going on. I'll be at PortCon in Portland, Maine this June, and I'll be heading back down to NH again for GraniteCon -- this time hopefully for the whole weekend.

Thanks! But no, I don't have elastic there. I've seen some troopers without it so I didn't think it was necessary for approval, but I've been thinking about throwing that on there to keep my arm armor from flopping around so much. I'll have that in for my next set of photos.

I've been pretty much out of the loop when it comes to upcoming events, but I'll be getting back into the forums to see what's going on. I'll be at PortCon in Portland, Maine this June, and I'll be heading back down to NH again for GraniteCon -- this time hopefully for the whole weekend.

Cool. I'll see if I can't come up for PortCon. That looks fun. 

It's part of the base CRL for the death trooper:

One on each shoulder. The shoulder bells are considered effectively symmetrical; they may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders and should have a black elastic strap that wraps around the inside of the bicep.

-Eric

And there's also Super Mega Fest Spring Edition 4/17 - 4/19 coming up which is turning into a big little con if you can make it. I think we'll have the compactor and stuff.

-Eric

Cool. I'll see if I can't come up for PortCon. That looks fun. 

It's part of the base CRL for the death trooper:

One on each shoulder. The shoulder bells are considered effectively symmetrical; they may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders and should have a black elastic strap that wraps around the inside of the bicep.

-Eric

It's definitely a small(ish) con, but yeah, it's a ton of fun. Would be great to see you!

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Consider it done for next time.

And there's also Super Mega Fest Spring Edition 4/17 - 4/19 coming up which is turning into a big little con if you can make it. I think we'll have the compactor and stuff.

-Eric

I doubt I will, considering school is starting to wind down and become hectic, but I'm sure I'll be at other events in the area this summer. 

I'm going to be dusting my Deathtrooper off. It's been over a year since I've worn it and I'm WAY overdue. Gotta get a face upgrade too!

Someday we'll get all of us together: You, Joe, Sean and I... 4 deathtroopers in one garrison. :)

• Like 1

Excellent -- please do. I drooled over your suit when I saw it in person a couple years ago, and I still consider it to be one of the best DTs around.

A zombie fireteam! Let's make that happen! I see myself doing a lot with you guys this summer compared to the past couple years. I desperately want to gather more broken/B-pull parts from people and make suits for my local friends, but none of them like Star Wars :rolleyes:  #firstworldproblems

--

Mods and pictures are coming soon folks. I'm busy this week, but I've still got my plan of action swirling around in my head.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just sent in my application. There are a couple of things that stick out that might be cause for having to suit up again for a new set of pictures, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get it done tonight and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Front (no flash)

front_noflash.jpg

Front (with flash)

front.jpg

Back

back.jpg

Left

left.jpg

Right

right.jpg

Mexican day on the Death Star

actionshot2.jpg

Braiiiins....

actionshot.jpg

Bucket off  :smiley-sw013:

bucketoff.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, it finally happened. 2 and a half years later, this same set of red ABS ATA armor that I had so much trouble with, finally got approved.

My top choices for my TK number have been sent in this morning. I picked TK-80494 first, as that's my birthday. How long can I expect it to take for the LMO to assign my ID? Am I cleared for trooping as of now?

I am completely excited to get my feet wet with the whole trooping thing.  :D  :smiley-sw013:

Congrats!! How does it feel to finally be done?

Well it feels GREAT to finally step my foot in the door of the 501st, but I don't think my costume is done yet.

My kidney and butt plates are still a bit large on me, and I'm thinking about adding some zombie flesh behind some of the holes.

And maybe later on, I'll modify the suit for EIB. For now, I'm more than happy to have just made base approval.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats!  Getting your TKID is just the first step... Feel free to make changes after the fact, to make it more accurate and awesome.  ID should come in a week or two.  (:

• 4 months later...