My First Armor Build Thread ANH-S CAP Armor.

Thanks so much! :)) and i trimmed it until all the sides where flat:) i rubbed it up and down on sand paper til it was flat and glued it down. :) and alright ill try to bump the buttons up a little:) thanks for the kind words! its no mini :)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I assume you didn't know the ab plate is not supposed to sit inside the square, but have some material around it to sit on top of the square?

Ā 

Like this;

gallery_12157_16_7278.jpg

bleh! no i didnt know that.. i looked at some photos and saw that but i didnt care to ask. :( i can make some strips to add material. the mold really wasnt the best to put there so thats why i avoided it and went with what i made. :P

alright today i added the extra plate under the buttons thanks to locitus.

Ā 

IMG_20140628_135854_zps4a8e8023.jpg

Ā 

also i made my drop boxes today! i used elastic to rivet to the inside of the back half of the drop box.

Ā 

left;

Ā 

IMG_20140628_153359_zps846e5c13.jpg

Ā 

right

Ā 

IMG_20140628_153351_zpsca09e8da.jpg

and my first test fit!! fits like a glove but may be a few problem areas. if you see anything that needs adjusted let me know!

Ā 

_KRM6407_zpsf8b358cf.jpg

Ā 

_KRM6413_zps681f16cb.jpg

Ā 

_KRM6408_zps62e39fd2.jpg

Ā 

_KRM6409_zps34fe9bd3.jpg

Ā 

_KRM6410_zpsf823aada.jpg

Ā 

_KRM6411_zps61e1d196.jpg

Ā 

_KRM6412_zps2fa85927.jpg

Ā 

NOTE: this is with out neck seal and holster! need to order them soon!

Indeed, Kyle!

Ā 

That ab button plate looks very, very good!

Ā 

Out of curiosity, did you ever make any adjustments to your rivets?

Thanks guys! I flattened it out a bit more so it looked like the acutal piece when putting a extra piece of cover strip material behind it:) but thanks form the comments guys! And nope I haven't gotten that far yet. I'll adjust it if I get poked for it when appling to my EIB badge.

Edited by Stormy1992

that i am!

do you feel my chest plate is a little low? someone told me they may think so.. however the neck side is right up on my neck so really there isnt any moving it up. i was a little slouched when taking the picture, so it'll separate a little more when stand up taller.. thoughts?

Ā 

Problem areas for me are circled... comments welcome

Ā 

front:

Edges seem to poke out a little far

Ā 

Back:

Back plate flares down to hit kidney plate.. odd?

Ā 

Diptic_zpsa8afe5e4.jpg

Edited by Stormy1992

Yes, I think you can raise your chest a bit. At least an inch, maybe even two. If the neck gets too tight, you can make the opening a little large instead.

Ā 

As for the flares, you can try a heatgun or something and maybe bend them back a little as long as you are careful and go slow.

Huge side note here! But i literally laughed so hard that i cried.. My mom tried my set of armor on... she looked like a little kid. note that i am a good foot taller than she is bahahaha

Ā 

PattyTK-2_zps48fdd327.jpg

Big Update!

Ā 

my last two pieces came in and i am all finished!

Ā 

Holster

Ā 

Holster-3_zps053884df.jpg

Ā 

Holster-2_zps3b808fca.jpg

Ā 

Holster-1_zps21fe0a0b.jpg

Ā 

With the E11

Ā 

Holster-6_zpsc5574528.jpg

Ā 

Holster-5_zpsba54f2e8.jpg

Ā 

And the Neck Seal

Ā 

Holster-4_zps70f09e21.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

And now.. its time to apply!!! :))))))

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you all for your time, info and minds to help me though this! It was a blast! :) Wish me luck!!

Kyle, based on the pics here things look pretty darned good.

Ā 

A couple of items I'm wanting to bounce off the FISD community

Ā 

- Are drop boxes too tight to the belt?Ā  There should be a 1/2" or so gap there, correct?Ā  The CRL show them flush, but I've seen others called out for riding them high.

- The ab buttons still look on the smallish side.Ā  Can you paint them a bit larger?Ā  11mm diameter is your target.

- What is the black bit showing on the front of your left boot?Ā  Is it boot or something hanging from the shin?

Edited by Gep

Thank you!

Ā 

-all the drop boxes ive seen have been told to be very close to the belt. milimeters wide. ive never heard anything about a half inch hanging. there is a gap but not much at all.

-i can re paint the buttons yes a little wider.

-and on the boot, its just wear marks. ill fix it up today before sending anything in :)

Ā 

A couple of items I'm wanting to bounce off the FISD community

Ā 

- Are drop boxes too tight to the belt?Ā  There should be a 1/2" or so gap there, correct?Ā  The CRL show them flush, but I've seen others called out for riding them high.

Ā 

Ā 

CRL says "minimal". I take that to means as small as possible, therefore I've just glued mine on to about where Kyle's are. I would think 1/2" (12.5mm) would be way too big??Ā