Dyeing Black Boots White

Hey Brandon! Awesome job, they look great!!! I keep getting the same seemingly generated email from TK boots when I inquire about a timeframe for boots, so I might be going this route as well. Most of the UK sites I've looked on say they won't ship internationally, any advice? I'm gonna be a barefoot trooper soon!!

Thanks :) Yea I don't know whatsup with that... yep that's why it was so hard to find them, and in my size haha. Actually I pleaded with someone on ebay to ship to me, she was very nice :P

MINTY...the boots and the mints!  Hey Brandon, I don't know if you've thought of it or done it yet, but I would consider VERY LIGHTLY scoring along the edge of the tape with an exacto or razor blade.  It would really suck to pull up any of the white while removing the tape.  It's not leather, but I've seen custom paint guys do it after painting flames or graphics on cars.  I want your boots to look as good or better than TK boots when the tape is removed.  An inspiration to those with motivation!  I bet it's killing you waiting to pull the tape...

• Like 1

Thanks!! :) Yea haha I never actually thought about that until my friend mentioned it to me when he came over and I was like yea that's a really good idea haha.. I will be sure to do that, would suck to pull the paint off! Oh yes it's definitely killing me haha can't wait.. I think I'll do a few more very light coats.

You are such an inspiration to us all. My deglazer has been taking FOREVER to arrive but i'm still hoping to get it by the end of the week. Its coming from Florida, but i've gotten packages from California faster than this. It took 3 days just for them to deliver it to USPS! Anyway, good luck with the elastic and removing your tape, i will be following this thread to the bitter end.

Edited by Grimez

You are such an inspiration to us all. My deglazer has been taking FOREVER to arrive but i'm still hoping to get it by the end of the week. Its coming from Florida, but i've gotten packages from California faster than this. It took 3 days just for them to deliver it to USPS! Anyway, good luck with the elastic and removing your tape, i will be following this thread to the bitter end.

Thanks :D Ahhh, lame.. I know i'm so impatient waiting for packages to come in the mail, and I live on an island!! Well it shouldn't take long at all once they have it, it would just be a small packet, try not to think about it and it will come faster! :P

Looks better and better with every coat. Thanks for sharing your progress. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Thank you for the kind words, you're very welcome xD I enjoy it, and I also look forward to seeing them finished finally haha

Okay! SO, today was the big reveal.. thanks to usaeatt2's suggestion of scoring along the sides, I had very minimal paint peeling.. however that bastard frog didn't do his job perfectly and so a little bit seeped through.. no biggie, I plan to just use some flat black model paint and a very fine paint brush for those bits :P I will show pics this weekend of them completely finished :)

Alrighty, tonight I was able to paint over any of the white dye leakage on the soles, and a second coat on the elastics... seems the elastics will need one more thin coat since the white paint is still quite translucent (although it's kind of hard to tell that from the pic.. by this time tomorrow they should be 100% completed! :D

20140511_004325_zpse7f964b1.jpg