SDS/RS Helmet Q & EIB/CEN.

Happy Easter everyone.

Just a few quick questions as I'm having trouble to locate any information trolling the boards myself.

From reading some of the Centurion applications I've noted a few instances where it's been mentioned after submitting for EIB the applicant has then changed the colour, re-painted the AB buttons.

Could someone confirm what the difference is please & also just via trolling, lol... I've gathered the crotch snaps, male, female are painted white for EIB then the paint is removed for Centurion application, yes?

[Edit] I ordered the humbrol #15 midnight blue for the AB buttons but also the humbrol #14 french blue which is what I'm pretty sure I'll go with instead.

Finally... my ANH Hero is SDS & I've decided to shall we say, upgrade ;) to the ANH Stunt by way of RS Props.

At this stage I've only ordered my helmet & my humbrol paints & will be getting the RS armour "Lite Kit" down the road a bit more once the bank account is looking better.

Found this link ref SDS vs RS Helmet but my question is, "for those who have a SDS & now a RS bucket, internally for head size, still roomy enough"?

I like the size of the SDS for room & a bit late to be worrying about it now since I've paid for the RS but I can;t help it, lmao... my wait time is 3 weeks before they ship it out but yea a heads up would be nice on what you think prior to its arrival.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24443-sds-battle-spec-helmet-vs-rs-prop-masters-pvc-helmet/

FYI, yes I shall be applying for EIB/Cen down the line, this year! lol

Thanks for any assistance.

jAG

Edited by Jaggered

In the majority of the cases where I have asked the ab buttons to be reprinted, it was because they were too small not due to a color problem. As for your helmet fitting concern, I don't have an answer for that having never worn an SDS. RS is very roomy

There should be no paint on the crotch snaps for either level. Not even basic approval. Use French Blue for all the blue parts. And finally, I think you will find the RS helmet quite roomy. If you don't you either have an unually large head, or have been spoiled in the past.

Yea the RS helmet is plenty roomy and is a VERY nice helmet. I have one done Sandtrooper "move along" style and i must say its the roomiest helmet ive owned (probably excluding the FX but i never owned one cuz well..bleh IMO lol)

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Thank you team for your replies.

lol... yes Gaz I came across a few posts where you mentioned ab button adjustments, thanks for the clarification as well as Locitus ref the snaps & sizing * (If you don't you either have an unually large head, or have been spoiled in the past) * lmao... proportioned thank you :P thanks Darth V for the conformation too.

Side note, paints arrived today & at a guess a few more weeks to go for the bucket, cheers team.

jAG

Agree with what everyone has said about the amount of room inside the RS helmet. I own one and it is roomy inside, due to its wonky shape I have to put it on kind of sideways to get in on my head though lol....but that's no issue :)

• 1 month later...

Sideways buckets for the win!!  Both of my RT-Mod buckets have to go on sideways - with a twist!  :smiley-sw013: <--  Doesn't work this way. 

Well lads, helmet is all said & done & yep definitely roomy inside ;)

I have to say even with the basic foam inside & using the chin strap, sits well, now to save save for the rest of it although I have a few other builds on the go at the moment so umm yea... not sure when I'll actually finish, lol

jAG