Starting my ATA build!

Hey all! Thanks to a fellow member, I've been able to get armor a lot sooner than expected (thanks, Brandon)!! I went from giddy to complete panic in 2.4 seconds :D I'm going to start trimming soon, so if there are any build threads or resources that you guys can recommend, I appreciate it. I've got my IPad locked in to FISD, some Lexan scissors, and nothing but time. Wish me luck!!

IMG_20140414_154314_zpsmmbb379r.jpg

Good luck my friend! Just look at the ATA builds (including mine) for lots of good information. And remember the rule of thumb, after you research, measure twice and cut once! No two troopers are built the same. The fact that your helmet is done will save you lots of time.

Looking forward to the build, plenty of ATA build threads to follow, remember the old saying measure twice, cut once. Good luck :D

I know you want the instant stormtrooper suit, but you will find joy in the journey. At least I did. So take your time and do things right. If you do get stuck you know where to search, how to search, and who to ask. When I was growing up, knowing was half the battle! Lastly, we at Garrison Tyranus can help if you run into a snag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ask lots of questions, everyone here has lots of experience and advice (apart from myself, I'm just a noob ignore everything I tell you :). If you find a good trim chart let me know, I'm still befuddled on where I want return edges on my AP kit!

That said, so far it seems to be pretty hard to screw it up. My only major mistake so far was putting a drill bit through my left index finger cause I wasn't paying attention.

And don't forget to have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SlooperTrooper

And you might need a few more tools than just scissors ;)

Research, ask, research, measure, measure, cut! Check out all the build threads and EIB/Centurion applications, not just teh ATA ones. A lot of information and procedures cross over to all the kits. Good luck an enjoy the journey. 

Thanks guys! The info here is priceless. I spent most of the evening comparing pics in build threads and looking for some kind of direction for trimming. Believe it or not, that's one part that is tough to find in depth info on, so I just studied lots of pics. And of course, I did the obligatory hold the armor up to myself in the mirror and squeak like a girl :D I identified all the L & R pieces and marked them, and I went ahead and trimmed the pieces for the t-det (I have the pipe) and practiced on the hand guards. This 2mm ABS is the real deal! Might work up the courage to start on some of the main pieces tomorrow. I made the mistake of working past my tired level on my lid, needless to say, I learned my lesson. G'nite folks.

I actually bought mine from a member, so I've really only been waiting 3 months. I got on ATA's wait list in January. Still about 7 months, I hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have been lurking here for some time, but I got on ATA's wait list last October, and it should be here today!

I am actually an old inactive member from 2000! TK/TD369. I had a FX kit back then and loved it, but now I am seeing that are not the chosen suit anymore.

Anyway, cant wait to get it and get started, it has been a very long time coming :)