Thick and tall ATA armor?

Hi Everyone,

So my brother and I got in contact with ATA and added ourselves to the waiting list (long wait).

We dont want to waist his time and others waiting, so I just wanted to know if anyone here has an ATA armor and is about our weight and height, and were successful in building to your body type.  Here's our info.

Me: 

Height: 6'2

Weight: 190pnds 

(Didnt say anything about my info)

Brother:

Height: 6'0 

Weight: 230 pnds 

(He stated that more than likely he will need to shim some parts to fit.)

I'm 6' and 165 pounds, I'm probably on the edge of height, any higher and you will have a big gap between your thighs and knees, I'm using all the minimum cover strips and no abb spacers.

zpnXk13.jpg

At your height, a number of guys go with RT-Mod out of Canada, but check out this Centurion build. He's 6'1 and 190 and he made the ATA work. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25603-tk-31198-requesting-anh-stunt-centurion-status-ata108/

Edited by DroidHunter

Thanks,

Wanted to go though a builder in U.S. never done international deals/shipping. But if it must be an option, im gona have to start talking to other builders. Im more worried about my brothers armor. I think I can manage with ATA, would the gap be a problem with 501?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hi Rick,  at your weight RS and TM would be great choices. Your brother will have to lay off the fast food. :)  RT-mod is for tall troopers with not too much girth.  I have NE armor and a CAP west helmet.  Here is a shot at a local troop. I am 6' 2" at 200lb

kGbV9gB.jpg

On 3/26/2014 at 10:41 AM, SuperTrooper said:

I'm a hair under 6'2" and around 220 and I had to cheat on the backs of the thighs and shins, but no shims on my kit.

What armor do you have?

I inherited chicken legs, thats why I try to stay as fit as possible so my upper waist matches my legs lol.  I dont think I will need to shim width wise.

On 3/27/2014 at 8:08 AM, beast05 said:

I'm 6'4 265 and looking to make my armor more accurate. Actually going dirty and joining the Td's to blend in...

-----------

wow! you make those people in front of you look like children...  did you have to shim anything?  Im trying to search posts of people that had to shim because of their size, in case we need to do so for my brothers armor.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm a hair under 6'2" and around 220 and I had to cheat on the backs of the thighs and shins, but no shims on my kit.

What armor do you have?

I inherited chicken legs, thats why I try to stay as fit as possible so my upper waist matches my legs lol.  I dont think I will need to shim width wise.

I'm guessing Supertrooper has ATA armor.

-Eric