A question about fans and wiring

I have to admit, I don't know squat about electronics, so I'm hoping somebody can walk me through this, if it is a viable option in the first place.

I'm a bit tapped out right now, so I don't have the funds to order a fan set up at present. That being said, I had an old Acer Aspire One netbook lying around that was little more than a paperweight. So I gutted it, and founf this inside:

---------

Its a 40 mm x 40 mm x 8 mm fan that I believe is still functional. I considered cutting off the extra material and closing the side, and then checking to see if this would work in my bucket. Based on what is printed here, can anybody tell me if this is a viable option. And if so, does anyone have a simple schematic as to how to wire this to a battery box with a toggle switch. I know I can grab a battery box and on/off switch for cheap at Radio Shack.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

The best thing for you to do (As I ran into that situation myself) Go to radio shack, by the small fan ($18-$20) by one on off switch ($2.00) one baggie of (9Volt battery hook up) $1.50 and some wire. It would be cheaper to buy that then try to rig what you currently have. I would not recommend you use that fan. As much as you may not want to hear that, it would cost you more and more time to rig what you are showing. When you have time, purchase those items and I will support you by email on how to hook it up. it only took me 10 minutes to hook up my fans to my bucket. and it works nicely.

I buy squirrel fans off ebay $2.50 each, $2 switch and I use two 3 x AA battery holders from cheap torches, the AA batteries last a lot longer than 9 volt batteries

I'm not sure that will cycle enough air through the helmet.. The yellow wire isn't nessisary to spin the motor in the fan.. Connect the red to positive black to negative and boom!

What I did was I ran to Fry's electronics, and bought two little computer fans, they are about a half an inch tall or so, attached to two 9 volts with a switch in the line roughly 10 bucks a set possibly.. :) makes a huge difference since computer fans are made to circulate air..

Try your netbook fan and see what you get.. Again the yellow isn't nessisary as on my set up I too ignored the yellow wire! Let me know!:)

Like Kyle said, it's as simple as connecting red to red (positive) and black to black (ground). Here's diagrams for the two most common kinds of on-off switches. Two or tree pin connectors. Just imagine them without the fuse holders.

scion_led_switch_diagram.jpg

on_off_toggle_switch_diagram.jpg

Like Kyle said, it's as simple as connecting red to red (positive) and black to black (ground). Here's diagrams for the two most common kinds of on-off switches. Two or tree pin connectors. Just imagine them without the fuse holders.

scion_led_switch_diagram.jpg

on_off_toggle_switch_diagram.jpg

A car battery in a bucket is pretty heavy Mathias lollll

Seriously, the diagrams are really good for someone that is a newby in electronics.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You haven;t got a link to them (or a picture of them) have you? I don't see anything under $10- plus $40- postage!

More research.... (busy day at work  :) ), found them. Any of those cheap blower fans do, I hope? And found out why they're called squirrel fans too. :jc_doublethumbup: